Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim registration failed?

• 10-10-2009 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭

I have an N97. I recently ported my number to three from meteor and began using their sim card. But I am getting intermittent "Sim registration failed" messages when I start the phone. I still get a three signal. I can usually sort this by restarting the phone, or, if that doesnt work, take the sim card out and re-insert it.

Does anyone know why this might be happening and how I could fix it? It's happening once a day at least.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Elessar wrote: »
    I have an N97. I recently ported my number to three from meteor and began using their sim card. But I am getting intermittent "Sim registration failed" messages when I start the phone. I still get a three signal. I can usually sort this by restarting the phone, or, if that doesnt work, take the sim card out and re-insert it.

Does anyone know why this might be happening and how I could fix it? It's happening once a day at least.

It sounds as if there was an issue with your port. I recommend contacting 3 customer care, asking them whether your port completed successfully and also to look into your issue. Their technical support team should be able to resolve your issue for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sounds like a fault with the phone or your not inserting the sim properly..the sim shouldn't be cutting in and out like that.. check to see is the phone network type is set to automatic & dual band.

Advertisement