Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prop Bet Trip Report

Options
  • 10-10-2009 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

Meh I was talking about this in the BBV but i decided to give the trip report its own thread. For those of you unaware of the bet it was this;

Semi -interesting prop bet going on tonight. My Local is having a "Games Night" i.e Poker, Darts and Pool. I think all are €10 to enter and each event has 32 runners.

conditions of the bet;

I must cash in 2/3 events i.e.
    Semi-finals in pool and darts (best of 3 games/frames) and a top 5 finish in the pokahs...

I must consume at least 2 units of alcohol (1 pint / 1 shot) every 30 mins from 7pm - all 3 events starts simultaneously at 7.30pm.

On getting knocked out of any event i must consume 1 shot of the lads choice.

Getting sick / going for food is instant disqualification.

I think they definitely have the best of it but iv been given 3 x 5/1

one time..........

so preparation - 6pm since im not allowed eat and will be consuming quite a lot of alcohol i decided to have a big whopper dinner (steak and spuds with all the veg) 1 hour before the bet kicks off. Bit of soakage.

7pm arrive in the pub and register for all 3 events. I could have went 2 ways with the alcohol situation -start on pints with the advantage being the low alcohol content but the disadvantage was the high volume of fluids (im not a big drinker). Or go straight on shorts - low volume high alcohol content. I decide to start on the Heineken. The only person in the bar allowed to know about the prop bet is the barman - he will act as a referee and this will stop anyone else changing their play against me if they know there's a separate bet involved if you know what i mean.

7.30pm darts and pool are starting on time but the poker is being delayed for 30 mins. i get a reasonably good draw in the pool and win my first match without any hassle 2-0. My draw in the darts is crap with the best player in the pub waiting for the winner of me and some random darts donk. Despite playing terrible i manage to scrape through 3-1. (you have to win by 2 clear games)

8.30pm im now starting to see the flawed theorey in the prop bet as i now have to run between pool darts and pokers - loads of my poker hands are being folded because im not at the table - but when I am there I'm playing like a complete rock anyway. win my 2nd round of the pool 2-0 and get into the quarter finals (best of 5). Despite breaking throw in the first leg of the darts - my highest ever checkout 120 :o i get pwned in the next 3 legs and lose 3-1. Over to the bar where the lads have a shot waiting for me. its only after i downed it and its burning the chest outta me i realise its poitin - ooohhh Sh!t. I feel like i'm going to get sick (this was the intended plan) I grab onto the bar and steady myself and i'm alright.

9.30pm Im really starting to feel the effects of the drink and this is definitely affecting my thought process (probably for the better :P) I'm on about 4.5k of the 3k starting stack when this hand comes up. blinds 50/100. 4 players limp and i check in the big blind with 23o. Flop comes 2 2 3 :D. i lead out for the pot. first limper calls. 2nd limper goes all in. 3rd limper calls :eek:. there's over 12k in the pot already so i ship the loots obviously. 1st limper folds. results
    2nd limper has AA :confused:
    3rd limper has QQ :confused:
    I take the pot with my full house and knock out 2 players :pac:

10pm quarter final of the pool im playing badly due to the fact im seeing 2 of every ball. I find myself 2-0 down but ninja my way back to an epic "both of us left on the black in the deciding frame" 3-2 win and so that means i cash in the pool. meaning Iv cashed in 1 and lost 1 meaning the whole bet depends on the pokers :eek:

At this stage i find myself needing the jacks (probably due to the large dinner eaten before hand) All of a sudden there's an objection from the lads " hes going to get sick we cant let you go" call the referee who does see the predicament - hes taking the piss clearly making things difficult for me "your not lookin too good chances are your going in to get sick". Im gettin angry here caus I really need a sh!t. so I bargain them down to letting me use the staff jacks in the back with the door open and one lad standing outside waiting for any sound of wrenching noises.

11.30pm I get my ass handed to me in the semi finals of the pool 5-0. I can barely hit the ball straight but i dont really mind as the pool has become irrelevant at this stage. Im just trying to rock my way into the money in the pokers - im far too drunk to even consider any other action than fold.

12.30 we'r down to 6 in the pool (5 get paid) i'm the short stack and am just about surviving - i have 7bb's but im treating this as 5th is just as good as 1st. then this hand comes up UTG goes all in..Button snap calls and has UTG covered.
    UTG has 88
    Button has JJ
    Flop 2 A K :)
    Turn 8 :eek:
    river J :cool: :D

I fall off my chair - mainly because im horrifically drunk but also because i cash and i ship the bet. One of the auld lads still left in the poker says - go easy young fella all you get for 5th is €20 :rolleyes:

Thats all i can write now i need to go lie down for awhile and sleep off this hangover.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The Improver

Best i heard for a long time, BRILLANT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Excellent,good man!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

fair play where the hell they get poitin in a pub, nearly worth losing just for the shot and the craic that would ensue!What stake had you on yourself I dont think you mentioned or is that a secert?

your right to do the shots but I was wondering do have to down the shot or could you sip it through the half hour?If so it be handy enough?

Fair play to ya!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

You'll die young of course but not in vain.
    :D:D nice prop victory. There should be a prop bet stickie on this site, it might inspire more of you. thanks for the laugh, any of that poitin left ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Fantastic TR, congrats.

• Advertisement

He said he made 1k in the BBV

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

easy money, more prob bets ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

That is absolute quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

well played on winning the bet. Great trip report too and one that deserves post of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Haha, quality stuff. WP
    The 23o hand is particularly brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

fair play where the hell they get poitin in a pub, nearly worth losing just for the shot and the craic that would ensue!What stake had you on yourself I dont think you mentioned or is that a secert?

your right to do the shots but I was wondering do have to down the shot or could you sip it through the half hour?If so it be handy enough?

Fair play to ya!!

I had €200 on myself overall - €100 and 2 €50's.

sorry should have mentioned for the half hourly drink it either had to be a pint or a short i.e 1 measure of vodka/whiskey etc....

Iv just noticed Neil Robonson stole my "winning on the black in the deciding frame" thunder - pr!ck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Standard saturday nite for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

You need to practice your darts :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

You gave yourself an unfair disadvantage.... one pint = two units....

Advertisement