Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on a player

Options
  • 10-10-2009 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Time to sell a few players and bring some of my own on. Where would you folks play this guy and what training would you give him?

19 years old | 11,808 csr (+102)
    Weight:
    116kg
    Height:
    191cm
    Right handed, right footed, in [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Reputable')"]reputable[/URL] form, and [URL="javascript:showLevels('fitness','Perfect')"]perfect[/URL] energy levels.
    A [URL="javascript:showLevels('aggression','Conservative')"]conservative[/URL] player with [URL="javascript:showLevels('discipline','Controlled')"]controlled[/URL] discipline, [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Reputable')"]reputable[/URL] leadership, and [URL="javascript:showLevels('characteristics','Despicable')"]despicable[/URL] experience.
    Stamina:[URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Reputable')"]Reputable[/URL]09.gif
    Handling:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Decent')"]Decent[/URL]08.gif
    Attack:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Average')"]Average[/URL]06.gif
    Defense:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Limited')"]Limited[/URL]04.gif
    Technique:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Reputable')"]Reputable[/URL]09.gif
    Strength:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Satisfactory')"]Satisfactory[/URL]07.gif
    Jumping:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Horrible')"]Horrible[/URL]03.gif
    Speed:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Satisfactory')"]Satisfactory[/URL]07.gif
    Agility:
    Kicking:
    [URL="javascript:showLevels('attributes','Moderate')"]Moderate[/URL]05.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Defense is too low for the backrow, even 8. A little light for a hooker, but it's a possibility. He could make a hell of a battering ram at first centre, but maybe not aggressive enough.

On balance, i'd say hooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Yeah i'd say hooker too though not ideal. A bit tall and a bit light but could work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Play as hooker if you have a slot for him but train as a Backrow.

Also, when up against bot teams and friendlies, play him in the back row at WNWIM.

You need to get his defense up at least 5 points so 2 sessions needed there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

This YA player turned up today, and i'm wondering if/where to place him in the YA team.
    Thomas Muldowney
    16 years old
    Weight: 129kg
    Height: 201cm
    Scouted: 15th Oct 2009 3:28am
    Right handed, right footed, in average form, and fit energy levels.
    A conservative player with reckless discipline, horrible leadership, and non-existent experience.

My thinking is that he's too tall for front row, a bit short for the second row, too indisciplined for back row, too little leadership for 9/10, too timid for centre, and too heavy for wing. I hate to see such a big player go to waste though.

Any suggestions as to where he might be useful?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I would promote him and sell him.

Height and Weight will get you $$$, if he has decent CSR even better.

A fresh 17 year old in week 1 will get you good money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Where would people play this fellow, just starting out and struggling to place this guy..any ideas?

18 years old | 5,518 CSR (+127) | 197 cm | 93 kg | Ireland
    Right handed, right footed, in average form, and supercharged energy levels.
    A psychotic player with flawless discipline, limited leadership, and non-existent experience.
    Stamina: Horrible
    Handling: Moderate
    Attack: Satisfactory
    Defense: Average
    Technique: Limited
    Strength: Average
    Jumping: Moderate
    Speed: Reputable
    Agility: Despicable
    Kicking: Non-Existent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

crisco10 wrote: »
    Where would people play this fellow, just starting out and struggling to place this guy..any ideas?

18 years old | 5,518 CSR (+127) | 197 cm | 93 kg | Ireland
    Right handed, right footed, in average form, and supercharged energy levels.
    A psychotic player with flawless discipline, limited leadership, and non-existent experience.
    Stamina: Horrible
    Handling: Moderate
    Attack: Satisfactory
    Defense: Average
    Technique: Limited
    Strength: Average
    Jumping: Moderate
    Speed: Reputable
    Agility: Despicable
    Kicking: Non-Existent

Simple i woudn't play him!

No seriously. Poor defence, poor hands, no stamina, no great physical advantages. You'd find better players on the transfer market for a euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

5 and a half k CSR is terrible Crisco, even when you are starting out. Fire him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Same for me too.... with that stamina I wouldn't touch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Orizio wrote: »
    5 and a half k CSR is terrible Crisco, even when you are starting out. Fire him.

Cheers guys. Was thinking that, but thought his high(-ish) sort of speed may be a saving grace.

• Advertisement
Advertisement