Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering old vhs home videos onto dvds?

Options
  • 10-10-2009 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

is this possible and if so, where abouts would i get this done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

You could do this yourself if they are home movies using a DVD/VCR Combi that allows VHS to be copied to a DVD R.

Work checking the one in Lidl at the moment, it says on the Website it will copy DVD to VHS, worth checking on the box (in case it's a misprint) does it do the opposite - VHS to DVD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Fib

i use a thing called a dazzle to do this...

its just a capture card/tv tuner card..

basicaly u can play the VHS on ur computer from the player ( so long that it has componant cables.. red white and yellow )

those 3 cables go to the dazzle which goes to the computer..
    the software to caputer the video and audio feed comes with the dazzle so no worrys there

easy and simple..

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Dazzle/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

some sound cards and video cards already have have these built in just look at the back of your pc if it has the three different connections then you are sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Qwerty? wrote: »
    You could do this yourself if they are home movies using a DVD/VCR Combi that allows VHS to be copied to a DVD R.

Work checking the one in Lidl at the moment, it says on the Website it will copy DVD to VHS, worth checking on the box (in case it's a misprint) does it do the opposite - VHS to DVD

No its not a misprint unfortunately; will only record onto VHS, not the other way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

greendom wrote: »
    No its not a misprint unfortunately; will only record onto VHS, not the other way round.

Then something like this would be great value so.
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170386197429

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭babel2

i was kind of considering just giving them into a shop and letting them do it because i would be nervous about doing something wrong. what type of shop would do it? a photoo shop or an electrical shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭xprepairs

I've transfered VCR to DVD for clients before, But I live in the southern states, quite far from you, sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 heclar

TV-Tuner/Capture card is the best solution, but will cost you a lot of time, since it has to be done in realtime, also expect some quality loss audio-wise sind you will most likely have to record the audio from analog line-out....

Advertisement