Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda 50 'make your own'

• 10-10-2009 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm asking this question on behalf of my boyfriend who is into bikes. He has a Suzuki GSXR 750 but recently bought a Honda 90 for the craic (and the fun runs!).

Anyway, he wanted me to google something about Honda 50 'kit' bikes... that you could make your own 80's style H50 but that it'd be registered as a new bike i.e '09. I can't find anything whatsoever on the internet but maybe I'm not looking in the right places...

Does anyone know if there is such a thing and if there is, where can I get one!?

Thanks, Aoife

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

How about this :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Lol! Looks good but I think he wants something to occupy the long winter nights... he's fond of his shed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I have no idea. Sounds cool though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 oneway

Do you mean the Honda Zoomer (Ruckus in the states).

Megabikes have them
    http://www.megabikes.ie/ViewBike.aspx?OBJ_ID=552025
    Ask for Robbie - he'll sort you out.

Honda ran a wannabe competition and the prize was an all-expenses paid :-) trip across the US on the 50cc Zoomer.
    http://www.superstreetonline.com/features/130_0901_honda_ruckus_wan_lees/index.html (warning - tastless popups)

have fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

them are funny yokes. Supposed to be some laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

honda zoomer with a gsxr 750 engin ,,now that would be fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

I'd love to get him something like that for Christmas... he's always out in the shed footerin at the bike or anything he can get his hands on ;) He's away on a run today actually, I wanted to go but he didnt' want a passanger to slow him down!

Wow, those Zoomers look like sooooo much fun... bit pricey for my wallet though! The one they saw was on ebay for £150 but I can't find it anywhere :(... He'd be chuffed to get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

The Zoomer is a fairly expensive and recent scooter. My brother has one. The top speed is around 40 km/h, while the US Ruckus is faster I believe at around 70 km/h. I really doubt one could be got for 150 Euro. There are Honda engine kits and the like available to order online. I can't see a whole kit, but I didn't look too hard.

Advertisement