Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beard Rash

Options
  • 10-10-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Yo. So, I get really bad beard rash on my neck. The rest of my face is grand, but I have to keep the beard on my neck either extremely short, or non-existent ie shave it every other day. I'd like to have a beard on my neck as the auld beard on face/bald on neck look ain't particularly to my taste.

Can anyone recommend anything to get rid of the rash?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Exfoliate with a facecloth and facial scrub then use a balm/moisturiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

pinksoir wrote: »
    Yo. So, I get really bad beard rash on my neck. The rest of my face is grand, but I have to keep the beard on my neck either extremely short, or non-existent ie shave it every other day. I'd like to have a beard on my neck as the auld beard on face/bald on neck look ain't particularly to my taste.

Can anyone recommend anything to get rid of the rash?

Not right now no... except maybe some moisturiser. But to minimise & hopefully stop this you could try my suggestion below.

Let your stubble grow a bit longer so you can see the direction that the hair is growing. It can grow in different directions and if you're shaving across it you may just agitate it. By letting it grow longer you can see the directions and then get a better picture of how you should be shaving it. You should go with the grain initially and just take it easy.

Advertisement