Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

which digital camera?

• 10-10-2009 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi guys, just looking for some advice. My mother is looking to buy a digital camera, she wants something simple, point-and-click, and i guess if i was to specify some features i would want, the only thing i can think of would be that when you press to button to take a pic, that it would be reasonably fast at taking it (I know there is some ‘camera’ term for this but don’t know what it is). Thing is, while I know a bit about computers and stuff, I really know nothing about cameras or whats good or bad or what one should be looking for in a camera. Any suggestions anyone? I would be thinking of a budget of around a hundred or two hundred quid, does that sound reasonable? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Puteq wrote: »
    Hi guys, just looking for some advice. My mother is looking to buy a digital camera, she wants something simple, point-and-click, and i guess if i was to specify some features i would want, the only thing i can think of would be that when you press to button to take a pic, that it would be reasonably fast at taking it (I know there is some ‘camera’ term for this but don’t know what it is). Thing is, while I know a bit about computers and stuff, I really know nothing about cameras or whats good or bad or what one should be looking for in a camera. Any suggestions anyone? I would be thinking of a budget of around a hundred or two hundred quid, does that sound reasonable? Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Check out this thread for ideas ...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055557678

Honestly, there are about 5 million and one small P&S cameras that match your description. Your best bet is to go into one of the camera shops in town and describe what you want. Handle a few of the suggestions, and buy the one that seems to be the easiest and most handy to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

From other threads that appear here discussing compact cameras is apparent a trend - go to the shop with the final user of the camera and let them try something that has "lumix" or "mju" in model name ;)
    If the technical specification is not important, let the user try the camera if they understand the menu, if they don't block the flash (or the lense) with fingers and if they are capable of removing the memory card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Here's another thread with lots of useful advice which is similar to what you are asking. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

Check out this thread for ideas ...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055557678

Honestly, there are about 5 million and one small P&S cameras that match your description. Your best bet is to go into one of the camera shops in town and describe what you want. Handle a few of the suggestions, and buy the one that seems to be the easiest and most handy to you.

LOL OK thanks for the info, and the link you attach is perfect for me actually (and thanks for your patience i see this must be a question that gets posted here every other day!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

It is not what you ask, but how you ask :-) There are still nice people here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement