Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job seekers allowance and savings.

Options
  • 10-10-2009 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

HI,
    I'm currently unemployed and thinking about applying for the job seekers allowance.I recently graduated from college and I still have a few grand in the bank.I'm just wondering if the social welfare office will tell me to feic off if they see how I have few K in the bank??
    Has anyone any experience of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭mary55

I dont think they would tell you to "feic off" as you put it you should go into them and talk about it. I dont think the fact that you have a few thousand in the bank should effect as there is an upper limit of €20,000 as far as i know before it would effect your payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 tyrellio69

right,well i was speaking to someone and they said that i was at nothing.i understand that on the website they say that the first 20'000 is treated as nil but somehow i dont trust in this and neither does my well informed informer.
    thanks for the reply though mate...ill investigate further.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

your "well informed informer" is full of it.

They have rules and they follow them - anything under 20000 is counted as nil means. Go in and apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

i got jobseekers allowance and i had nearly 3 grand in the bank

Advertisement