Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

escape niteclub

• 10-10-2009 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭

Anyone in there yet? whats it like.. hmmm getting overruled and have to go there tonight, want to be ready for what awaits me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

havent been there myself but people i know have said its basically the rubys crowd that goes there ie the teens,bebo heads and wannabe gangsters/scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

oh ...... joyful >.<

ya never know,ya might like it and have the best night of your life:D

then again i havent been there,just going on what a few heads have told me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

anplaya wrote: »
    havent been there myself but people i know have said its basically the rubys crowd that goes there ie the teens,bebo heads and scumbags.

Should probably go to a place for yourself before badmouthing it.

nah i know meself what its like,lads have told me,so if its the same as rubys i know exactly what its like then.thats all i need to know.

i wouldnt go into the middle of baghdad cause i know what it would be like.:D

• Advertisement

ya never know,ya might like it and have the best night of your life:D

then again i havent been there,just going on what a few heads have told me.

Yeah ya never kno! doubt it hate rubys

she was only answering my question :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

I was in there last Saturday and it was fine, Typical Waterford heads bad mouthing a place, Its not as big as Rubys but looks a lot better, go in there for yourself as you were told and see what you think, It was a mixed crowd in there.

Shall do :) ill report back haha!

I was in there last Saturday and it was fine, Typical Waterford heads bad mouthing a place, Its not as big as Rubys but looks a lot better, go in there for yourself as you were told and see what you think, It was a mixed crowd in there.

typical waterford heads?i was just telling he/she what i was told.he/she doesnt have to listen to what i say.

fair enough you enjoyed it but it might not be for every1.as i said i havent been there,but i know it wouldnt be my kinda place,hence thats why i dont go there.i also said ya never know youll prob have the best night of your life.

regardless of if ya go to escape or not,enjoy your night.:D

• Advertisement

regardless of if ya go to escape or not,enjoy your night.:D
    she'll try to thankie:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

i for would like to take this thread to say...... DONT GO TO GEOFF'S :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Grand place, more relaxed atmousphere than Rubys for whatever reason and the quieter zone upstairs is a cool idea.

The only bad thing I'd say is the music played is very very safe-seems like the Beat playlist from 2-3months ago-not exactly pushing the boundaries of DJ'ing. If they sort that out I wouldent have any complaints.

ziedth wrote: »

lol,dont get me started on that ****hole,full of pretentious w@nkers lol

alpha2zulu wrote: »
    Grand place, more relaxed atmousphere than Rubys for whatever reason and the quieter zone upstairs is a cool idea.

The only bad thing I'd say is the music played is very very safe-seems like the Beat playlist from 2-3months ago-not exactly pushing the boundaries of DJ'ing. If they sort that out I wouldent have any complaints.

Its a commercial club, Chart is being played is most cheesey clubs, Im afraid it works, I Know a lot of chart music is muck as well, but if you go pushing the boudaries with a lot harder stuff your going to empty the club then have an owner that is not happy as he or she is not making money:)

ziedth wrote: »

awww hush ye! i love geoffs:)

went to the forum after all that >.< until next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

I like Escape, it's more like a Disco Bar than a nightclub but it's really cool inside..Better than Geoffs anyway:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I agree with bluezar calling it a disco bar the dancefloor is a bit on the small side.
    But its somewere different to go and I prefer it to oxygen which is a horrible niteclub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I haven't been down in ages lads, where is this new venue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I haven't been down in ages lads, where is this new venue?

Its next to centra on john street and is above revolution, you cant go through revolution to get to escape.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭west101

just left the place recommend you dont go in there on a sunday night its s**t!

Myself and the Mrs where in there last night Sunday, we enjoyed ourselfs was quiet allright, better than any where else in town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

Myself and the Mrs where in there last night Sunday, we enjoyed ourselfs was quiet allright, better than any where else in town

I have to agree with you. It is certainly refreshingly different to what we were used to.

Sunday is the only night we have off over the weekend, and the mrs has an obsession with Harveys which I dont like, the drink is over priced, and the music in harveys soundslike they are playing at a wedding, No complaints what so ever about the last night, loved the 90's tunes:) Keep up the good work lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 The Knee Grow

Irelands Smallest Nightclub!!!! Smoking area is class enough... way better than ruby's shed of a place... Tiny dancefloor,like 16 lit up tiles... Not worth the bother at all and like there's a fingerprint scanner to get your coat which didnt work for me... Whats wrong with a f*ckin ticket!!

To be honest... Get a bus to cork or somewhere cos there's f*ck all in Waterford except scum and teenies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

Irelands Smallest Nightclub!!!! Smoking area is class enough... way better than ruby's shed of a place... Tiny dancefloor,like 16 lit up tiles... Not worth the bother at all and like there's a fingerprint scanner to get your coat which didnt work for me... Whats wrong with a f*ckin ticket!!

To be honest... Get a bus to cork or somewhere cos there's f*ck all in Waterford except scum and teenies

And there's no scum in Cork. That's a new one for me!

Your a brave man or woman saying that on a Waterford forum, I agree with you about the dance floor just looks liked it was thrown in the corner and no thought put into it, A night club should be deisnged around the dancefloor, and most night clubs in the Uk and Dublin have finger print scanners, the reason they are put into clubs becuase people end up losing tickets looks like Cork is a bit behind the times by 5 years, an no scum or teenies in cork thats a first ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

You've an awful habit of stereotyping people that go to certain places.

sorrywhat wrote: »
    You've an awful habit of stereotyping people that go to certain places.
    Ah now in his defence, the pubs can be broken down into what people go there, and for what music they want to listen to

the loft - house and dance, ya aint going to see rockers or whatever you want to call them in there

rubies.. full of cheese

fourm- is mainly emo's and what not, like my friends wouldnt go there cause they hate the music and all that scene

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Out of curiosity Emo, when was the last time you were in Rubys?

Advertisement