Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help, Pizza base, yeast???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭myles79

that stuff is perfect thats what i use

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

ah Myles, you're a star! thanks mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I made pizza base for the first time today and thats what I used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Quite frankly, I'd be amazed if the recipe meant anything else. Fresh yeast is very hard to come by these days, unless you can source it from an actual baker.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Funny, I made pizza dough last night!
    Presently developing in the fridge for pizza starter tomorrow lunch time.

I used Dove's fast acting dried yeast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Use yeast if you have it to hand, otherwise it's not that important, but only if you're making thin crust. It's only real role is in the initial oven-spring - when the dough rises within the first few minutes of cooking before the yeast is killed off. Perfect for deep/thick crust, but for thin-crust, it's not essential.

And while you could use it for thin-crust too, although yeast does extract more flavour, over time, from the flour than without it, those subtle flavours are going to be overwhelmed by whatever tomatey-cheesy-meaty topping you're going to slather over it. Most pizza dough recipes are straight doughs with just one fermentation, so whatever flavour you do get is negligible.

Advertisement