Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

under 6 gaa in myshall

Options
  • 10-10-2009 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

I was wondering does anyone know if myshall have under 6 gaa teams, my little lad is 4 and in junior infants in school and i looking to get him interested in sport

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I've been told that u12 is the first Championship but u10 and u8 do blitz. No mention of u6.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Under 8/10 is as young as it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

little kickers is a program that runs for 5 and under there was an article in nationalist about it. swimming class's and athletics is all i can think of. carlow rugby have a 6yrs of age limit before joining i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭cantona1111

Kilbride, ballon and fighting cocks are developing an underage hurling thing, i believe they are doing under 6, but i wouldnt say its competitive, its just that my kids live in myshall, would be easier if i could take them down there

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Cantona, if there isn't under 6 what about approaching the club and volunteering to start that age group?Little Kickers is a commercial soccer thing afaik

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Get him out the back garden and have a puck around with him, the best skill development comes with untrained natural development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭cantona1111

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Get him out the back garden and have a puck around with him, the best skill development comes with untrained natural development.

We are allways kicking the ball around when they are over, its more of a social development thing, that little kickers thing is pretty expensive

Advertisement