Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Todays Other WC Qualifiers (Spoilers)

• 10-10-2009 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

World Cup qual. - Europe (Group 1)
    20:00 Denmark ? - ? Sweden
    21:45 Portugal ? - ? Hungary

World Cup qual. - Europe (Group 2)
    17:45 Luxembourg ? - ? Switzerland
    20:30 Greece ? - ? Latvia
    21:00 Israel ? - ? Moldova

World Cup qual. - Europe (Group 3)

20:30 Czech Republic ? - ? Poland
    20:30 Slovakia ? - ? Slovenia

World Cup qual. - Europe (Group 4)

16:00 Finland ? - ? Wales
    17:00 Russia ? - ? Germany
    20:00 Liechtenstein ? - ? Azerbaijan

World Cup qual. - Europe (Group 5)

18:00 Armenia ? - ? Spain
    18:00 Estonia ? - ? Bosnia-Herzegovina
    20:45 Belgium ? - ? Turkey

World Cup qual. - Europe (Group 6)

17:00 Belarus ? - ? Kazakhstan
    18:15 Ukraine ? - ? England

World Cup qual. - Europe (Group 7)

20:30 Austria ? - ? Lithuania
    20:30 Serbia ? - ? Romania
    21:00 France ? - ? Faroe Islands

World Cup qual. - Europe (Group 8)

19:00 Cyprus ? - ? Bulgaria
    19:00 Montenegro ? - ? Georgia
    21:00 Ireland ? - ? Italy

(All times are CET, so deduct one hour!)

Germany beat Russia 1-0 and have qualified, Russia are in the playoffs.
    Bosnia-Herzegovina beat Estonia 2-0, which means they are in the playoffs and Turkey cannot qualify for the World Cup. Huge achievement for them.

Spain are 2-1 up against Armenia too. EDIT: Full time, Spain maintain 100% record.
    Georgia and Montenegro are drawing 1-1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Well done Serbia - they've pushed France into the qualifiers and currently lead Romania 4 - 0; dark horses for South Africa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Shame about Greece coming behind against Latvia. Looks like Portugal will definitely finish in 2nd too. Glad to see Ukraine taking Croatia's spot, would be an easy game for us IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

maradona must have found his crack pipe

1 Sergio Germán Romero (G)
    6 Gabriel Heinze (D)
    2 Rolando Schiavi (D)
    17 Jonás Gutiérrez (D)
    3 Emiliano Insúa (D)
    15 Pablo Aimar (M)
    14 Javier Mascherano (M)
    7 Angel Di María (M)
    8 Enzo Pérez (M)
    10 Lionel Messi (F)
    9 Gonzalo Higuaín (F)

messi and higuain are not strikers, seems he is going to the PES tried and trusted 3 7, its brilliant in a video game with those players. So no strikers up front and the bench is

12 Mariano Andújar (G)
    4 Martín Demichelis (D)
    13 Federico Insua (M)
    5 Mario Ariel Bolatti (M)
    16 Agüero Sergio (F)
    18 Martín Palermo (F)
    11 Carlos Tevez (F)

seriously hes ****ing lost it yahoo.gif

playing well so far shoudl win vs a poor peru team but im hoping for a 1-0 peru with Solano scoring, i love him yahoo.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

dreamers75 wrote: »
    maradona must have found his crack pipe........

What time's this on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

A back four containing Heize, Inua, Schiavi and Gutierrez?

lol

• Advertisement

What time's this on?

26 mins gone

CCtv5 on sopcast has perfect stream of it

higuain missed a sitter and Columbia are winning meaning argies are not in the play off any more.

Cmon Solano :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A bit of Xavi/Fabregas magic -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Anyone watch the Argentina match? Maradona actually gets worse...Fantastic last 5 minutes though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Anyone watch the Argentina match? Maradona actually gets worse...Fantastic last 5 minutes though

I saw it,Argentina were rubbish.
    Maradona should get the boot the guy hasnt got a clue.
    He has picked 78,yes 78 squad players in 11 matches.Crazy.
    Argentina couldnt retain any form of possession at all ,their defence is porous and their midfield is non existant.
    Their primary strategy was lumping hopeful balls up to Palermo bypassing midfield.
    Messi was like a headless chicken ,as could be said for most of the team.
    Argentina were very lucky,the winning goal was offside and Peru hit the crossbar from the resulting tip off,would have been an outrageous end to the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Some of the scenes at the Argentina game were brilliant -

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/southamerica/teams/team=43922/photolist.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

What are Ecuador like away? I can almost see Chile letting them win just to get rid of Argentina.
    I really think the Argies are going to lose on Wednesday. While I like to see a shock, it would be a huge shame to not have them and Messi in the big show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Shame about Greece coming behind against Latvia. Looks like Portugal will definitely finish in 2nd too. Glad to see Ukraine taking Croatia's spot, would be an easy game for us IMO

Ukraine won't be seeded so we can't actually play them.

cooker3 wrote: »
    What are Ecuador like away? I can almost see Chile letting them win just to get rid of Argentina.
    I really think the Argies are going to lose on Wednesday. While I like to see a shock, it would be a huge shame to not have them and Messi in the big show.

Chile actually would do that tbh :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I saw it,Argentina were rubbish.
    Maradona should get the boot the guy hasnt got a clue.
    He has picked 78,yes 78 squad players in 11 matches.Crazy.
    Argentina couldnt retain any form of possession at all ,their defence is porous and their midfield is non existant.
    Their primary strategy was lumping hopeful balls up to Palermo bypassing midfield.
    Messi was like a headless chicken ,as could be said for most of the team.
    Argentina were very lucky,the winning goal was offside and Peru hit the crossbar from the resulting tip off,would have been an outrageous end to the match.
    Have to say I agree with that.

Not sure what was more embarassing. The Maradona belly flop or the awful, amateur camera work that took place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

What a result for Forlan and co. in Ecuador last night. I really can't see Argentina getting much from them in Montevideo.

I'm finding it harder and harder to cheer for Argentina under el Diego, but at least Higuaín was finally given his first senior cap last night (shocking I know), and it was good to see him scoring.

Imagine had Perú scored from the kick off though, surely would have gone down as one off the greatest, most infamous strikes of all time. Oh to have seen Maradona's reaction had it gone in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

And the mighty Brasil have fallen 2-1 in La Paz.

Chance for Paraguay to top the group...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Soby wrote: »

Thats class!

By the way Slovakia seem to be trying their best to get out of the automatic qualification. 2-0 loss to Slovenia (Slovenia scoring against the run of play with a 40 yard rocket, and then on a break from a corner when the goal keeper was up attacking)
    They now need a win to guarantee first spot as Slovenia would have a better score difference if they beat San Marino......except that Slovakia have to play Poland and have a load of suspensions and injuries (Skrtel is suspended etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

In Africa, Ivory Coast joined Ghana in South Africa, Cameroon need to win in Morrocco(surprisingly bottom of the group) to guarantee qualification or need the same result as Gabon who are away to Togo.
    Nigeria are on the way out unless they beat Kenya away and hope that Tunisia fail to win in Mozambique.
    Egypt need to beat Algeria 2-0 to pip them for a place 3-1 would mean that they would finish exactly level on GD and goals scored.

Costa Rica need to beat the USA away to join the hosts and Mexico in the next round unless Honduras fail to beat El Salvador away. Fourth place faces 5th in South America in play off btw.
    Bahrain 0-0 New Zealand in the first leg of their play-off winner gets through.

Advertisement