Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Reader Touch PRS-600 for e250 Powercity

• 10-10-2009 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    Just purchased a Sony Touch Edition eReader in Powercity today for e250,everywhere else seems to be looking for e300 - e320.Its the online price but its no problem getting the same deal in store.They only seem to stock the black model which I think is the best looking one,you can check online for stock.
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=20-12-RS600B
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Hmmm, what's the touch screen / clarity like on this? It looks pretty poor from the picture on the website.

How touch responsive is it? I'm still waiting on one that looks good and has a good touch screen. I mean, the technology is there and it's relatively cheap so it can't be too far away now can it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

d31b0y wrote: »
    Hmmm, what's the touch screen / clarity like on this? It looks pretty poor from the picture on the website.

How touch responsive is it? I'm still waiting on one that looks good and has a good touch screen. I mean, the technology is there and it's relatively cheap so it can't be too far away now can it?

Technology is there but not mature - last time I looked into them (only about a month or two ago) they were still poor products. Sonys, Amazons etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

I have this reader and it's fantastic, being able to write on it with the stlyus is a nice touch.The screen on this is very nice and with minimal glare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

center15 wrote: »
    I have this reader and it's fantastic, being able to write on it with the stlyus is a nice touch.The screen on this is very nice and with minimal glare.

Fair enough - good your happy with it.

This device does have serious glare and contrast issues though as per reviews.

What enviroment do you use it - strange how you say "minimal glare issues" when it's actually one of the products biggest flaws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

The PRS-700 had terrible glare but the general consensus on MobileRead.com is that glare has been substantially reduced on the PRS-600, although still noticeable when compared side by side with a PRS-505. Some users find even a small amount of glare very distracting in which case the PRS-505 is a better bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Fair enough - good your happy with it.

This device does have serious glare and contrast issues though as per reviews.

What enviroment do you use it - strange how you say "minimal glare issues" when it's actually one of the products biggest flaws.

I've used it everywhere, on the train, in my office with lighting overhead,outside. There is definitely glare coming from the addition of the touch screen on top of the eInk screen but I find a adjustment when using the reader usually gets rid of it. Overall I find the glare worth the function of the touch screen obviously other's don't it's a personal preference.
    I just love having a eReader although there needs to be a iTunes-esque store for it. But then it's also great being able to chose from so many places to buy eBooks and it's definitely worth shopping around for prices!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I've had a cybook gen3 previously and I find the sony prs600 to be an improvement in terms of speed and responsiveness. I don't notice a massive difference in contrast. Not enough to bother me in any way. Very responsive to touch so far. So I'm pretty happy with it and I've used several ebook readers at this point.

Thanks to the OP for the bargain alert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

anyone know where I can buy a PRS-505? Only seem to be able buy the PRS-600 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

vigos wrote: »
    anyone know where I can buy a PRS-505? Only seem to be able buy the PRS-600 now

Saw it on play.com the other day

Advertisement