Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Name of the manager in Willow?

• 10-10-2009 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm applying for jobs all over Ennis and I want to make the cover letters out to the managers of all the shops (I'll try anything to pick up a job!) Does anyone know the name of the manager in the clothes shop "willow"?

Is it Gill or something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 blueeyedblonde

Just saw a post concerning Willow, was in there at weekend and girls, the shop is a joke, the mark up they have on clothes is ridiculous.

I was in Concepts in Oranmore also and Willow are generally 20-30 yo yo more expensive than other shops that carry the same brand.

Prime example, top 120 euro in Willow, delivered from uk, incl postage for 63 euro,

Makes one wonder!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

It's a bit unfair to hijack a post to complain about prices in a shop! I don't feel that they overcharge, in fact, i had been looking at a dress there in August, and saw it in Greece for double the price. Yes, some things will be cheaper on the web, less overheads, etc. However, I'd rather shop somewhere like Willow as the staff are very helpful and the variety of stock is very good. That's my two cents worth!

OP, don't post cvs out, call into the shop wearing something business-like but funky, and ask to speak to a member of management, sell yourself. Generally, when I get cvs through the post, they get put at the bottom of the pile, even if they have the right names on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

My Mrs says the prices there are ridiculous....and found the same clothes in Limerick much cheaper.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My Mrs says the prices there are ridiculous....and found the same clothes in Limerick much cheaper.
    Your namesake had some great bargains in his day as well ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Clothes in independents are usually more expensive. The rent is probably very high there as well. It's a bit pricy but better to have a few shops stocking different stuff than you'll find in every other town and city. Too many chains get in and things get too homogenous. Nothing stopping people shopping around for better value.

I'd say trying to drop into the shop a few times and give the CV to the manager directly as well. In the past I've found that's the only option assuming the place hasn't placed an advertisment in the paper or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

women working there are flaking though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭fergusman

manager/owners name is Gene

Advertisement