Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring issues with lipo

Options
  • 10-10-2009 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Started a new project piece. The base is a SRC 416. It has the stock gearbox ver2 with 8mm bearings and the stock high speed motor. When I got it second hand the front wiring loom was a mess so removed it and replaced it (not inside the gearbox i mean the extension from the barrel to the ris for the peq.

I removed the fuse to make room in the rails as well as the fake gas system. I ran a 7.4V lipo through it. The motor ran grand when i removed it from the gearbox. When it makes contact with the gears tho I get nothing. I can feel the motor turn but no join.

I tried using a 9.6, 8.4 and even an 11.1 (lipo) just to see if it was the anti reversal latch but no it wouldnt budge. So I removed the motor and tried to release the latch but the latch was fine.

So i can only assume it is the wiring. When I rewired my old G&G i think i had the same problem and replaced all the wire with a thicker silver wire and it worked a treat.

Can anybody throw up any suggestions as to what it might be? just htought i would throw it up here before i buy myself a mosfet or new wire loom. :p

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Fixed a gun with a similar problem there this week. What happened was a connector on the cable going to the motor broke inside the shrink tube, the motor would move grand when there was no strain on the cable, but when it was replaced strain was beign placed on the connector and the current couldn't flow. Check the connectors going to the motors and make sure they aren't broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Fixed a gun with a similar problem there this week. What happened was a connector on the cable going to the motor broke inside the shrink tube, the motor would move grand when there was no strain on the cable, but when it was replaced strain was beign placed on the connector and the current couldn't flow. Check the connectors going to the motors and make sure they aren't broken.

I don't think it would be that, as the other problem I had when I got the aeg the wires were soldered to the motor so I had to resolder them on so I wouldnt say that is the issue. And to insure there is not a short circuit I had them covered.

Its a really annoying issue because i havnt been able to play as a result :(

Cheers for the help anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Maybe try a different motor? The current motor could be dying so you aren't getting the power needed from it.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Maybe try a different motor? The current motor could be dying so you aren't getting the power needed from it.

hhmm not a bad idea. I'll steal my bro's motor and give it a lash and report back

cheers man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

as others have said a good place to start is to change the motor and see if that is the issue, other things to check would be the direction of travel on the motor, if it is spinning the wrong was the gears will not turn, check the motor high, if the high is to high the gear box will not turn over

just a couple of places to start

• Advertisement

Puding wrote: »
    as others have said a good place to start is to change the motor and see if that is the issue, other things to check would be the direction of travel on the motor, if it is spinning the wrong was the gears will not turn, check the motor high, if the high is to high the gear box will not turn over

just a couple of places to start

Well one of the things i did was check the motor at different levels to see if it was the motor or the gears they definitally were not wired reversed (just to be sure i tried both ways :p) so i'll try change the motor see where that gets me

It seems it was the motor after all! I changed the motor for a G&G one and it worked perfect. Cheers for the help on the problem lads! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

glad to hear you got it sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I found a screw in one of my motors once, they are magnetic after all ;)

Sure maybe have an aul peep.

Advertisement