Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injury claim

Options
  • 10-10-2009 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi, not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes. I crashed my car last week and the car is written off. I had some personal items in the car that went missing somewhere between me being taken in the ambulance and the car being towed by the guards. I've been told by my insurance tough luck you can't claim for them.

Also I've been badly injured but as I was the driver I can't claim from my insurance. Is there anywhere else I can claim my medical costs from?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I think it would depend if there was another person involved in the accident or not, and then who was at fault. If another person caused the accident, then possibly you could claim from their insurance for your medical bills.

Do you have a personal accident policy or health insurance like VHI? If so they may cover your medical costs, although there probably would be an excess to pay first.

As regards the personal items, I'd imagine your insurance won't pay for them because most motor insurance policies will only cover certain personal items while they are in the car, and only under certain circumstances. Some policies won't cover them at all. Do you have home insurance? Some home insurance policies cover items below a certain value if they're taken outside the home, so give your home insurance company a call and see if there's anything they can do to help you. The only other thing I can think of is would they perhaps have been brought to the Garda station for any reason?

Advertisement