Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rememberance tattoo

Options
  • 10-10-2009 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi my dad passed away last year on 27 oct,I have been thinking about getting a tattoo, maybe something in a celtic design.I dont have any tattoos so I want this to be special.Any ideas welcome .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

Firstly, very sorry to hear about your dad

As regards ideas, I can't suggest something in particular but maybe if you google celtic designs (which there will be loads) and have a good look at any that just jump out at you that you like...or maybe incorporate some celtic design with something that reminds you of your dad, even his initials in a celtic design etc...

When you see a design you'll like for a tattoo, you'll just know instantly

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

why not think of something that you shared with your Dad or something that was special to him instead of a random celtic design?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

My dad passed away in 2001 when I was just 15... and a for years after I wanted to get a tattoo. I firstly wanted to get a chinese symbol on my right shoulder and no offence to anyone who has one but I'm soooo glad I didn't do it!)

Instead I got this http://theshowerdiva.com/baby/themes/celtic_tree_of_life.jpg on my right wrist. It's the Celtic Tree of Life. google it and you'll get sooo many different variations of it that it doesn't have to be the same as anyone else's and you could encorporate something else into it.

I loved the 'circle of life' idea and it actually helped me with the grief. I got it done in white ink (i was young, and had no idea that it would turn out looking like a scar in a few years but the tattoo artist defo saw me coming!) which I regret but i may get it re-done.

Good luck with finding something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jordank

jenizzle wrote: »
    why not think of something that you shared with your Dad or something that was special to him instead of a random celtic design?
    i couldnt agree more with this,saw a few memorial tattoos and they looked brutal ,anglels with names etc, you need to put a great deal of thought into it it will be there for life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Mina Loy

buddylove1 wrote: »
    Hi my dad passed away last year on 27 oct,I have been thinking about getting a tattoo, maybe something in a celtic design.I dont have any tattoos so I want this to be special.Any ideas welcome .

This is what I got done to commemorate my mother who died nearly 3 years ago. Its a cherry blossom, a tree from our old Garden that bloomed around my birthday. She loved the tree as did I . Cherrys Blossoms stand for all that is ephemeral in Japanese art..which I'm a fan of, especially woodblocks. Jani in Prime did it..got done in Zulu when he was working there though. I strongly reccomend you do not get anything random or that does not mean anything to you or would have meant anything to him. I made sure I did so it makes me smile and reminds me of the good times rather than just a stamp reminding me of her death.
    2341177036a11001630280l.jpg
    2341177036a11057386676l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kitty k

Hey you should check out some tattoo websites and some magazines to see what styes you like colour, black and grey shaded etc...and maybe bring some reference material into an artist and see what you can come up with together. How do you feel about portraits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kitty k

oh Mina Loy your tattoo is beautiful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

sorry to hear about your dad, how about maybe a portrait of him? i know they can be very in your face and whatever, but if its done right it would look really well.

Advertisement