Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy hot water bottles

Options
  • 10-10-2009 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I have been looking to buy a hot water bottle, but the only ones I could find were for children.

Is there anywhere to buy a regular hot water bottle? I know they used sell them in Roches Stores, but since they disappeared I don't know where to look.

I searched previous posts and no good tips. People recommended using an electric blanket, using a higher tog duvet, etc. but that is not what I was looking for. I really want a hot water bottle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

I got my last one about 3 months ago in the grocery section of Dunnes Stores - cost me about €6.

Boots also sell them but they are very expensive - cant remember exactly possibly €15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Funny Enough, Seen them in Heatons today near the tills

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Boots has a good selection, My wifey has a big fluffy one, apparently it works wonders :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I bought my last two in chemists - Boots, Sam McAuley's and the like. I know the last time I went looking I could only find children's ones, but I asked a girl working there and they had the adult ones in a weird aisle somewhere else. I happen to like the ones that come in a fluffy cover, but you can just take that off if you don't like the fluffiness.

• Advertisement

Penneys have them. I think they were €4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Many small hardware shops have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

A lot of chemist shops have them (you might need to ask as some don't put them on display). I have seen them in Dunnes and Boots as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bergo

Thanks for the advice everyone. I looked in Boots, but the ones they had were very small, for kids really....maybe they were out of stock or maybe because it was a small store (Grafton St) they had a small selection. But I was in town yesterday in Clery's and they had a really good selection, if anyone else needs one I recommend Clery's!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lionelcollins

Great advice, got me missus a deadly fauxfur bottle in cleary's today. Only 7 Blips. Now her icey toes will be no more...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I saw them in Ballyfermot the other day, in the pound shop, €2 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Boots and many independent chemists. I know Boots on Grafton St, Jervis and Liffey valley definitely stock them.

I wouldn't buy a cheapie one tbh. More likely to leak or burst and splash you with boiling water!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Woodies in Sandyford have them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Pennies had them last year for €5 with a hot water bottle cover included. Im sure they have them again this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭gatorade

Arnotts Henry street have them in a heart shape and they come with a pair of angora socks! Accessories department.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Available in Lidl from thurs 19/11 €3.99

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Saw them in Sam McAuleys yesterday for €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Richiecats

Lets face it you can buy them anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

This is a pointless thread, people are just building up their post count.

(Post Count +1)

Advertisement