Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brazilian/Hollywood Waxing in Dublin ASAP

Options
  • 10-10-2009 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi all! :)

I've just moved home to Dublin after living in London and I can't believe the price of waxing here!! :eek: :eek:

I'm looking for somewhere to get a Brazilian or hollwood wax done for a reasonable price?? I have been paying 10 pound sterling for a hollywood in the centre of London!!

Would really appreciate if anyone knows somewhere that is cheap around Dublin as I refuse to pay so much for it but need it done ASAP!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

heck, a day trip to london on ryanair every 6 weeks would be cheaper....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Took the words literally outa my mouth Xiney!!

Gives a whole new meaning to Rrrrip Off Ireland doesn't it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

10 pounds!wow,over here youd be lookng at 70 odd for a hollywood,lets all move to london

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Where in London was that??

Most beauty treatments v.expensive here vs the UK unfortunately:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Theres a place on aungier st. that does a brazilian for 30, don't know anything else about them, but I've seen that advertised in their window.
    beaut.ie have been doing reviews of the cheaper "foreign" salons in the city. If you have a look on there you might find somewhere?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

If you are feeling brave you could contact the beauty schools salons. I have no experience of them so I can't tell you what type of treatment you'll get, but it could be worth a try. I googled and found this one, but I'm sure there are more. http://www.beautyschool.ie/thesalon.htm?sessionid=d51c10f81fd8472f175e16335924931b&sessionid=4cad30beda40e92dfc3809d9aa0b753f&sessionid=3ec113ffb8245d8cc98555133e6ac43c

Where in London were you getting waxed for £10? And did they use hot wax? I usually pay about £20.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Loopsie

The girls in brazilia are all brilliant, fair enough its €55 for a hollywood but i get a good 4 weeks without any re growth and go religiously every 6 weeks. They are professional and the place is immaculately clean. handy i have one right beside where i work so i can nip down at lunch! But its money well spent in my eyes!

Xiney wrote: »
    heck, a day trip to london on ryanair every 6 weeks would be cheaper....

You know it actually really would, it would just take forward planning to get the right deal on flights and some special offers on beauty treatment. If you have an electron you can often get a return flight for £2.10, (Tue-Thur and Sat) and there is a return bus from Gatwick into central London for £4. So as long as you are reasonably near an Irish airport you will manage to get all the traveling for €20 - the most expensive part being the journey to and from the Irish airport.

I know a great hairdressers that does good cuts for £13 in central London, and a number of luxury ones that cost £20, incl blow-dry. I have managed to get a leg, underarm, lip, brow and brazillian wax and an eye-lash tint for under £50. With the current exchange rates you could travel, get a haircut and wax and have enough left over from €100 to have lunch.

The only problem is you'd still be able to have 4 or 5 hours shopping time, so could very easily cancel out any savings with shopping.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Pipsie Pie

Hi Iguna & Murphs 11,
    I travel to London about once a month with work and it would be grate to get all my waxing done over there if i'd save a few quid!
    I would be near regent st./picadilly/oxford st.

Would you please pm me details of where you'd recommend please?

• Advertisement

Pipsie Pie wrote: »
    Hi Iguna & Murphs 11,
    I travel to London about once a month with work and it would be grate to get all my waxing done over there if i'd save a few quid!
    I would be near regent st./picadilly/oxford st.

Would you please pm me details of where you'd recommend please?

If you will be over before the end of October try The Mayfair Tanning Salons, they do great waxing and have 50% til the end of the month. http://www.qype.co.uk/place/60369-The-Mayfair-Tanning-Company-London/offers

Immaqulate Beauty are always doing good deals too. http://www.immaqulate.co.uk/50_discount_17.html The Battersea branch is nicer but they have a small franchise just off Oxford St. It's small, but I have had a really good quality wax there.

if neither of those suit take a look on qype a few days before you travel and you can get the best deals. They have reviews on the site, so you can get a good idea of the quality if the treatments.

For hair Headmasters do a great same day deal, for £20. I find them really good. http://www.hmhair.co.uk/special-offers/standby.aspx And if you are in a hurry Hair by Fairy is great for a quick tidy up. I used to go their during my lunch breaks when I worked in central London. It's a bit of a hairdressing "factory" but if you are in a hurry it's brilliant.

I tend to follow the best deals around, these are the ones I've used most recently so if I remember anymore I'll post them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Astrogeek

Dunno anywhere in Dublin, but the Helen Gray salon in maynooth does a brazilian for 25 euro mon/tues/wed. It's 6.60 euro return to connelly, cheaper than paying 50/60 euro.
    www.helengraysalon.com

iguana wrote: »
    You know it actually really would, it would just take forward planning to get the right deal on flights and some special offers on beauty treatment. If you have an electron you can often get a return flight for £2.10, (Tue-Thur and Sat) and there is a return bus from Gatwick into central London for £4. So as long as you are reasonably near an Irish airport you will manage to get all the traveling for €20 - the most expensive part being the journey to and from the Irish airport.

I know a great hairdressers that does good cuts for £13 in central London, and a number of luxury ones that cost £20, incl blow-dry. I have managed to get a leg, underarm, lip, brow and brazillian wax and an eye-lash tint for under £50. With the current exchange rates you could travel, get a haircut and wax and have enough left over from €100 to have lunch.

The only problem is you'd still be able to have 4 or 5 hours shopping time, so could very easily cancel out any savings with shopping.;)

Even from Galway I can get the citylink into dublin airport for 5 euro one way....

as long as I spent the 4-5 hours taking photos I should be alright ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mickol

I'll come and do it for free , i've got a steady handy ...roll of sellotape and a tube of Bostick ...how does that sound Ladies ???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Suzyq

phic wrote: »
    Theres a place on aungier st. that does a brazilian for 30, don't know anything else about them, but I've seen that advertised in their window.
    beaut.ie have been doing reviews of the cheaper "foreign" salons in the city. If you have a look on there you might find somewhere?

I think that this place is the Manhattan beauty & med spa - I've been there for a wax and the lady is VERY thorough... Put me off to be honest but if you're used to it then I would recommend her. The phone number is 4788888.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Brazilia have opened a new salon near the Sandyford stop on the Luas.
    If you check pigsback.ie, they're offering a 20% discount in their new store.

Happy waxing!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Suzyq wrote: »
    I think that this place is the Manhattan beauty & med spa - I've been there for a wax and the lady is VERY thorough... Put me off to be honest but if you're used to it then I would recommend her. The phone number is 4788888.

No it's on the otherside of the street from that place! I checked the name last night so I could write it here and everything! something like beauty room I think...I'll check again later and let you know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

What do you mean by 'thorough' that it put you off? Surely if you're paying for all hair to be removed you expect it to be thorough? What exactly put you off?

Just curious as €30 seems very, very cheap! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Suzyq

phic wrote: »
    No it's on the otherside of the street from that place! I checked the name last night so I could write it here and everything! something like beauty room I think...I'll check again later and let you know!

Oh I know the one you mean - I work beside it so kinda between both places. Have been there too and it's also good. phone number: 4789331

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I got my hollywood done in Aspens on Camden street. €30 was a summer special price on a Monday. It was my first Hollywood and it was amazing and I raved so much about it my best friend got it done too! I looked there on the website and the speical is gone :( was hopin to get it done on the cheap again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

Look up waxing on gumtree. There are plenty of beauticians who come to your house and do it for about €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

lizzyvera wrote: »
    Look up waxing on gumtree. There are plenty of beauticians who come to your house and do it for about €15.

I did that the other day! Some girl is doing a Hollywood for 20e at her place...I have my appointment for 7pm tomorrow! :) My friend got a Hollywood done today and she said it was better than Aspens(where there was a €30 special during the summer) and very thorough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Glitterangel76

I did that the other day! Some girl is doing a Hollywood for 20e at her place...I have my appointment for 7pm tomorrow! :) My friend got a Hollywood done today and she said it was better than Aspens(where there was a €30 special during the summer) and very thorough!

Without sounding strange, how did this go? :o If it was good, will you send the link to the advert on gumtree?
    Can't afford to keep paying silly prices...and going back and forth to the UK is too much hassle...

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Does anyone know if this place is still open? I have been trying to ring for a few days but the line is engaged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

Astrogeek wrote: »
    Dunno anywhere in Dublin, but the Helen Gray salon in maynooth does a brazilian for 25 euro mon/tues/wed. It's 6.60 euro return to connelly, cheaper than paying 50/60 euro.
    www.helengraysalon.com

Kudos to you for mentioning this place. I just booked it and cancelled my booking in another place that was charging €55.

Its my first time. I am petrified already. Any tips / advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Shivers26 wrote: »
    Kudos to you for mentioning this place. I just booked it and cancelled my booking in another place that was charging €55.

Its my first time. I am petrified already. Any tips / advice?

Yes! Have been getting bikini line waxed for 10 years now! And two things really help me:

1: Take painkillers 40 mins before your appointment. Really, really, really, really worth doing!

2. Exfoliate the area that is being waxed that morning, for less of an ouch factor for your skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

hi! anyone know a good AFFORDABLE place for waxing, whether its home service or at a salon i dont mind. the girl i used to go to has left and im looking for a replacement. i live in dublin 4, ballsbridge area. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Pics or.........GTFO!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

gleep wrote: »
    Pics or.........GTFO!

hi? is this a place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

hi? is this a place?

No, no it's not, sorry :o

*hangs head and shuffles off*

This discussion has been closed.