Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brazilian/Hollywood Waxing in Dublin ASAP

Options
  • 10-10-2009 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi all! smile.gif

I've just moved home to Dublin after living in London and I can't believe the price of waxing here!! eek.gifeek.gif

I'm looking for somewhere to get a Brazilian or hollwood wax done for a reasonable price?? I have been paying 10 pound sterling for a hollywood in the centre of London!!

Would really appreciate if anyone knows somewhere that is cheap around Dublin as I refuse to pay so much for it but need it done ASAP!

Thanks biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

You won't get a Hollywood done anywhere decent for less than 50e. If it's cheaper, then I doubt they're using hot wax and personally I wouldn't have it done with regular wax. I recommend Brazilia, they have a place in Dublin City Centre and another in Sandyford. They are the best but you'll need to book well in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

murphs11 wrote: »
    I'm looking for somewhere to get a Brazilian or hollwood wax done for a reasonable price?? I have been paying 10 pound sterling for a hollywood in the centre of London!!

I find that extremely hard to believe. You wouldn't even get a brow and lash tint or an underarm wax for £10 in London...unless you go somewhere really dodgy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

eth0_ wrote: »
    I find that extremely hard to believe. You wouldn't even get a brow and lash tint or an underarm wax for £10 in London...unless you go somewhere really dodgy.

£10 does seem very cheap, but I have had a brazilian done with hot wax for £17.50 just off Oxford St, on special offer. I had my legs, brows, upper lip, brazilian and underarms waxed and an eyelash tint for under £50.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

i go to daydream spa in terenure for my hollywood wax.

it's a professional, clean place and a hollywood wax only costs €45 which is brilliant value

http://www.daydream.ie/index.php

oh and to clarify, they do use hot wax!

it's a professional, clean place and a hollywood wax only costs €45 which is brilliant value

It might be cheap for Dublin, but it's not great value. In London that would be considered expensive. I've never been charged more than £23 here and after searching for the OP's £10 place without luck I have found a £15 hot wax brazillian in a place which has great reviews. It is a special offer, not their regular price but I think €45 is extortionate. If you timed it right it actually would be cheaper to fly to London for the day to get your bikini waxed, even if you included lunch.

• Advertisement

well as you said it's cheap for dublin so it doesn't seem that extortionate to me! :D

and since it's a hollywood i get and not a brazilan, i think 45 is a good price for that particular wax.

i'm afraid i'm just too used to the prices over here!

and since it's a hollywood i get and not a brazilan, i think 45 is a good price for that particular wax.

Don't they cost the same, they do here? A brazilian just leaves a narrow strip on the pelvis, as some people find the removal of all hair creepy. All the rest of the hair is removed, from the labia and perenium, the same as a hollywood. A brazilian is actually more work as the waxer has to keep the line of hair neat and people have preferences for different thickness.

iguana wrote: »
    Don't they cost the same, they do here?

well for all the places that i've looked, the brazilian always costs less

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Josier555

Try Heaven on Grafton St, They are doing a Summer Special, Brazilian wax (with Hot wax the only way to go) for €35... Ask for Martyna, She is brill!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

WOW! €35 and 50% off before one for students! Pinch me I'm dreaming! :P

I just rang and they are fully booked! For tomorrow and Friday! :(

I hope they do it for August too! ::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lynseyp

I assume you can't avail of both the brazilian for €35 and the 50% student discount though, right?? Because otherwise that's for nothing!

I've recently moved back to Dublin, I've had a brazilian and lower leg wax for €32 with hot wax (lycon) in Rathmines (on special offer). I also got one when I was in a hurry with hot wax and strips (not quite as good as full on hot but has never caused me any problems) for €24. The last waxer was utterly fantastic, just worked so fast, I had a brazilian, leg and underarm wax in about 25 minutes.

Advertisement