Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor bill pay?any one else being screwed?

• 10-10-2009 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

hey all.

Wondering if anybody else has had bad experiences with meteor? i signed up to bill pay,year contract last december. the €50/mth package.After a few months i saw the bills, with the additional other network texts ,and vat, that my bills were averaging €90 a month.i knew i could not downgrade until after the first six months was up. I called meteor after 6 mths,told them i wanted to downgrade to the €20 a mth package, was told,no problem sir!I went to crete and holidays,knowing that i would come back to a bill that would not be that bad now that i have donwgraded.arrived back...i was still on the €50 a mth package??called them and they told me oh sir it was a mistake,we will revise the bill and it wont be astronomical dont worry. Three months later,they have stopped takin money from my account via direct debit. I was goin through a very busy hectic time so i didnt monitor it and continued to use my phone presuming the €20 mth package was being deducted?I woke up one dat,tryed to make a call and was told my service was suspended. i checked the meteor website and it said i owe €650??what the f**k? i have been told by friends to contact the communications regulator and tell them I will be pursuing it further as my contract was breached by not being downgraded and being billed at the higher rate??has anyone been in this situation or can offer advice please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You need to talk to meteor and sort something out with them, I don't see how comreg would help.

If you were spending on average €90pm and you dropped down to their lowest package it's quite possible your bills could more than double as you will be constantly outside your allowance, creating bigger bills than you were already getting. That sounds to me what likley happend.

I think your just go have to take it on the chin as a learning experience, make sure your on the right package from here on in which isn't usually the cheapest one..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Maybe try their unlimited (national and Irish mobile) calls and texts package ? It's about 85 pm but that should be it (excluding premium numbers, 11811 etc.)

Advertisement