Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will this affect my credit rating ?

Options
  • 10-10-2009 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭

I got a letter a few months ago from the Land Registry,

Dear Sir/Madam,

You are hereby given notice that a Judgement(copy attached) has been deposited in the Registry and notice of the deposit has been entered in the above mentioned folio(s)

There was a list of Folio/Deed numbers at the top of the page and my number was thrown in with them.

The judgement referred to a Supply company who had taken a person(My Name Sake) to court for monies owed and the judge sided with the supply company. The supply company then turned around and registered this with the land registry, Whereby their name was put on his Deeds/Folio's, So he could not sell property without paying off the debt.

However in an error my name came up on the search and my Foilo was included in the submission to the land registry, Both my wife and I received a letter from the land registry making us aware of what had happened. We contacted our solicitor and the problem is in the middle of being sorted out.

My question is: Will this affect our credit rating ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Short answer no.
    The only thing i've seen on a persons credit search (ICB) was payments for loans, Mortgages and credit cards.
    This would not be shown.

You can apply for an ICB check here (but you wont really have to)
    These are the only companies that run/put you on the ICB and affect your rating here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Thanks

Advertisement