Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Henna Tattoo- Girl on shop street

Options
  • 10-10-2009 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Heya,
    Im most likely getting a permanant tattoo and thought i'd get a trail run of a henna one just to make sure the area im getting it done in and size is what im happy with.

Anyone know when that henna tattoo girl that is normally just outside easons is there? i've seen her twice...in like...5 years..... once 3 years ago, and the other time a few weeks ago but i had no money on me.

Barring that, anyone know where i can get a 'safe' henna tattoo in Galway? I've been hearing alot about really dangerous henna tattoos lately and has me scared ****eless,

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Tbh I've heard stuff about dodgy "henna" tattoos aswell and I don't think a randomer sitting on a street who you mightn't ever track down again is a good person to go to for one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Flying out the door, but I believe there is a whole thread on the 'dodgy subject' - haven't time to search. Basically ordinary henna is safe, just don't eat it.
    The 'dodgy' one was something called 'black henna' (there's no such thing). Sometimes this just refers to a henna darkened with natural products (like coffee) but the 'dodgy' black henna has a chemical added (possibly ammonia or something similar) and hence can burn the skin.

Most hippie henna tattoo peeps know all about this, just ask them.

Gotta run !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cliron

I've been to the girl on shop street like 3 years ago, and it didnt scar (before i knew about black henna and everything) so i know shes ok. But, i dont mind going to somewhere more legit and paying that little bit extra to have the safety of knowing i wont be scared for life (and the pictures on the internet of those scars are disgusting)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

From what ive seen shes only around during the summer months, I doubt she would be setting up shop in this season, but ya never know.

I dont know of anywhere in Galway that does it either

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check out this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62477640
    More threads

How about just using a biro?

• Advertisement
Advertisement