Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards down again - what gives?

Options
  • 11-10-2009 3:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

So boards was down again tonight for 2 hours or so. This has happened a couple a times in the last fortnight. So whats the problem mods? Is somebody hacking into your site and playing sillybuggers with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

The mods don't know what the problem is and we don't have hackers playing sillybuggers.

The issue is more than likely related to the recent issues with search. However I'm sure the developers will let all know when they are online again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

grenache wrote: »
    So boards was down again tonight for 2 hours or so. This has happened a couple a times in the last fortnight. So whats the problem mods? Is somebody hacking into your site and playing sillybuggers with it?

Traffic to the site is continually growing and we're currently having capacity issues. We're working to expand the number of viewers and posters we can handle but unlike some previous expansions it's not as simple as just adding more servers.

The only external parties which cause trouble are the automated spammers, they hit us several times per day and are quite a nuisance. A combination of technical measures and fast work by mods and admins means that in most cases they don't have any visible impact on the site.

As for the downtime last night, I'm still looking into it. There's no immediately obvious explanation for it, so I may not figure out what went wrong until tomorrow when I'm in the office.

Advertisement