Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mondeo ST TDCI or Skoda Octavia VRS Diesel

• 11-10-2009 5:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Saw both of these types of vehicles today in forecourt of garage, both 2005 reg.
    Out of curiosity, which one is better??? Mondeo seems very quick from its stats.
    I have a WRX petrol, if i had known there was a diesel id have bought one :mad:

Mondeo ST TDCI or Impreza WRX Diesel 28 votes

Ford Mondeo ST TDCI 2.2l
    0% 0 votes
    Skoda Octavia VRS Diesel
    67% 19 votes
    Neither
    32% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

I didn't think there was a diesel impreza til 08. Did a wikipedia search and couldn't find an 05 diesel and definatly not diesel wrx. Do you have a link to the car?

Just did a carzone search
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Subaru/Impreza/WRX/200928194574026/advert?channel=CARS
    is this the car? Mywheels.ie is saying it is petrol. Dealer put it up wrong on carzone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭SuperMario

+1 eddie.
    i was driving past there today and saw that parked up and when i went home and went onto their website it said diesel. I though it was a bit strange alright...
    Suppose mondeo wins so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭SuperMario

Dont want to start a new thread
    Are the Mondeo ST TDCI any good in people experience??????
    I havent seen many around.
    Would they be on a pat with Skoda Octavia VRS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

SuperMario wrote: »
    Saw both of these types of vehicles today in forecourt of garage, both 2005 reg.
    Out of curiosity, which one is better??? Mondeo seems very quick from its stats.
    I have a WRX petrol, if i had known there was a diesel id have bought one :mad:

There are Diesel Imprezas, Carrol and Rouche have them, ive test drove one.

http://www.subaru.ie/Subaru_ie/ViewMenu.qed?menuid=M3M2

Darn just seen the pre 2005, in that case no there arnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

SuperMario wrote: »
    Dont want to start a new thread
    Are the Mondeo ST TDCI any good in people experience??????
    I havent seen many around.
    Would they be on a pat with Skoda Octavia VRS
    Good car same engine out of the new front wheel drive transits, way more power though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

i have a mondeo st tdci, imported it from england in august last year. its my first diesel and i love it. has alot of toys to play with, standard airbags, abs, cruise control, electric seats (not all models), climate control, a/c, large boot, lots of rear legroom, nice handling, looks pretty good compared to other mondeos (mine is a 2005 but before the last update) and best of all nice engine. there is a forum called stdrivers.co.uk you can check out and ask any questions you want and you should get them answered for you. i have only had one big problem with mine and that was the alternator which went last week but that can happen at any time. if importing from the uk or NI then make sure you get full mech check and history check before parting with any cash. also the road tax is a bit high over 800 euros so thats also a bit of a downside.

hope this helps.

burger

Advertisement