Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop djing/button pushers

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Sounds wrote: »
    If i heard a great set on cd or the net by my fav dj i'd be impressed
    If i found out they used some sync technology to have the software
    match the beats for them, i don't think i'd be as impressed, definetly not.
    But then again, i know my fav djs know how to put it all together proper!
    All their effects and swishes wouldn't be possible without the software in their equiptment.

But sure way before there was laptop Dj's mix CD's were put together using the likes of Pro Tools etc. Even if the mix was done live they would go in and clean up any mistakes etc before it was released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

gsparx wrote: »
    Spinning? I don't think so.
    Possibly rotating slowly.
    Both prone to musical wankery...one in a suit, the other in leather pants. :D

Are you actually putting Coltrane, one of the most talented and intelligent musicians of all time, and Satriani, an overgrown 13-year-old bedroom-rockstar, on the same level? The difference between them is that every single note Coltrane plays has been analysed by him in the context of the current chord, the past chord, and the next chord, and in the line he's playing, all instantaneously before he plays it, whereas Satriani just plays pentatonics faster and with more effects than some other people.

Zascar, would you not advise the Xponent then? Was thinking of getting one, the only thing I can see that's better is Allen+Heath, which is way out of my budget...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

The Xponent is a very good unit and great for home mixing, it severed me well for years. However as far as the software goes, Torq is not nearly as good as Traktor Pro. There is a reason a host of top DJ's use Traktor Pro but none I know use Torq. I also had issues around Sound Quality, gigging out etc, people noticed that the quality was not up to par.

For similar money to the Xponent you can get a Vestax VCI-100SE and a Native Instruments Audio 2 DJ - which is a more professional better quality solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

Are you actually putting Coltrane, one of the most talented and intelligent musicians of all time, and Satriani, an overgrown 13-year-old bedroom-rockstar, on the same level?

No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vml7SwxXTI

Advertisement