Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory Cards with Sony W595 / W995

• 11-10-2009 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hey guys im looking at getting one of those two phones, but ideally I'd like to put a 16gb card in there. Now I know that on the website both of them say they only take up to a 8gb, but I was just wondering if anybody has tried a 16gb with any of them? I'm asking because a friend of mine had a bigger card than his phone was meant to take but it still worked fine with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

did you ever find out the answer OP ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 psychopatwick

Yeah I took a gamble and bought the W995 and it works with a 16gb card that i bought on Ebay no problem. I'd imagine its the same story with the W595, but its always a good idea to double check if possible.

looking at getting the w995 myself, if you're connected via wifi does it automatically use it or does it try to connect thru meteor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 psychopatwick

It uses the Wifi Automatically, but I must admit ive ended up spending huge amounts of my credit on the meteor internet when i thought it was through the wifi, probably more my own stupidity than anything else. i guess the phone doesnt make it too clear tho.

and is the gps any good or does it just use the internet for that too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 TheMaxDaddy

to ensure you browse through wifi and not meteor/3 etc.....

after connecting to the wireless network and you have a green icon at the top of your screen, press back to standby screen, then press the shortcuts button (just below the call button. it has the box and diagonal arrow). when this opens there are 4 tabs. move right to the world 'internet' tab. scroll down then to 'enter address' and type in the address you want. this is wifi access. if you go to internet through the menu>internet this will be chargeable gps/3G browsing.

to ensure you dont connect through your providers chargeable network you can create a new dummy internet access account to use. menu>settings>connections>internet then create a new account. if your phone tries to access the internet through the mobile network instead of wifi this dummy account will not work and you will get an error message.

any questions about memory cards can be checked on www.gsmarena.com just enter the name of the phone in the top right search field.

The w595 takes up to 8GB according to GSMarena.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Philip42

to ensure you browse through wifi and not meteor/3 etc.....

after connecting to the wireless network and you have a green icon at the top of your screen, press back to standby screen, then press the shortcuts button (just below the call button. it has the box and diagonal arrow). when this opens there are 4 tabs. move right to the world 'internet' tab. scroll down then to 'enter address' and type in the address you want. this is wifi access. if you go to internet through the menu>internet this will be chargeable gps/3G browsing.

to ensure you dont connect through your providers chargeable network you can create a new dummy internet access account to use. menu>settings>connections>internet then create a new account. if your phone tries to access the internet through the mobile network instead of wifi this dummy account will not work and you will get an error message.

any questions about memory cards can be checked on www.gsmarena.com just enter the name of the phone in the top right search field.

The w595 takes up to 8GB according to GSMarena.

I have to say, I haven't had the problem of it reverting to Meteor Data when connected to Wifi. It seems to use the Wifi over the Data connection, and that's using the YouTube app, Opera Mini, or the Sony Internet browser.

Advertisement