Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sterling prices.....

Options
  • 11-10-2009 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭

Is it illegal to display items in a supermarket (tesco ,bray) in sterling...bought some tesco brand drinks in a box marked 2 for £2.50..admittedely i didnt cop the sterling sign on the box , got home and discovered i'd been charged 1.89e each ..meaning a difference of 1.28e..thats some exchange rate difference....:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

No, not illegal at all.
    A lot of products will have packaging with sterling prices. You are buying own brand products from a British company after all

But there would have been a euro price on the shelf and some Tesco shops have scanners around the shop so you can check that way.
    And you can see the price when the cashier scans it and it'll be on your receipt.
    Customer service would have taken it back before you left the store.

It's unfortunate you didn't notice the pound sign.
    But unless they get euro specific packaging for every single product I can't see what you want them to do

Don't go to Marks and Spencers if this sort of thing bothers you ;)
    Everything is imported and any special offers on the packets have a sterling price. You have to look for the price display to see what you'll be paying

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I can see your points , i wasnt angered by what i paid ,just the fact that it would be easy for them to just remove the products from the box's instead of "rubbing my nose in it ".....btw couldnt afford to shop in M&S....:o...tanx for the reply..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

btw couldnt afford to shop in M&S

+1

Who can? Always amazes me the amount of people who shop in M&S and Superquinn. Rip off central.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

bcirl03 wrote: »
    +1

Who can? Always amazes me the amount of people who shop in M&S and Superquinn. Rip off central.

Although SQ have being coming up with some good bargains lately....;)

Advertisement