Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to reading

Options
  • 11-10-2009 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

After a long absence from reading due to mainly laziness I've started back into the habit so gonna use this as a way of keeping track.

Last few books I've read:

Shadow Of The Wind by Carlos Ruis Zafón

Thought this was an excellent book. Set in Barcelona in the 1940's sort of mystery/thriller/romance. Probably one of the best books I've read in a long time. Really enjoyed it.

The Road by Cormac McCarthy

Beautifully written. I read this in a day though so its not actually that long. Post-apocalyptic story. Quite dark and heavy going and some may find it a bit boring. Lacks any real storyline. Thought it was interesting enough.

Labyrinthe by Kate Mosse

Really enjoyed this as well. Flashes between modern and 13th century France sort of a historical thriller/drama. Sort of along the lines of Da Vinci Code but way better and with much more meat on its bones. Would recommend for an easy read.

Time Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffenberger

Thought this was pretty good but saw the film quite soon afterwards (which was diabolical) and think it ruined the book for me :(

Next I'm either gonna dive back into Robert Jordans The Wheel Of Time (not sure whether to pick up where I left off as it's been a while, or to go back to book 1), or else might try get Zafón's latest one which is a prequel to Shadow Of The Wind.

Advertisement