Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Provider Advice Please

• 11-10-2009 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

I've just moved into the Quays Dublin 2 and it's time I sorted out my broadband. At the moment I'm leaning towards NTL/Chorus 10mb. €38 a month, but it is a little more than I was hoping to spend. I've been looking at the Eircom 3mb for 30 a month, but I think this doesn't offer much value in comparison with the other and also I worry about the 48:1 distribution thing. BT want €32 for the same product, so I'm steering clear of them and I'd never be confident of Perlico. I don't like that I have to pay for the router if I sign up for the NTL 3mb, but do you think there is any possibility that this could be waived if I haggled a little? €28 for this seems like the best deal if I could cut the €50 wireless router out.

As an aside, when I first moved into the apartment last week, there was an unsecured Sweex wireless that I could connect to with no problems, but ever since it's not been in range. I don't understand why that is.

Any advice would be great. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

How exactly did you price BT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭hello932

Yillan wrote: »
    I've just moved into the Quays Dublin 2 and it's time I sorted out my broadband. At the moment I'm leaning towards NTL/Chorus 10mb. €38 a month, but it is a little more than I was hoping to spend. I've been looking at the Eircom 3mb for 30 a month, but I think this doesn't offer much value in comparison with the other and also I worry about the 48:1 distribution thing. BT want €32 for the same product, so I'm steering clear of them and I'd never be confident of Perlico. I don't like that I have to pay for the router if I sign up for the NTL 3mb, but do you think there is any possibility that this could be waived if I haggled a little? €28 for this seems like the best deal if I could cut the €50 wireless router out.

As an aside, when I first moved into the apartment last week, there was an unsecured Sweex wireless that I could connect to with no problems, but ever since it's not been in range. I don't understand why that is.

My guess is that the owner of the sweex network copped on and now has turned on security measures. Its just as well-hacking into other peoples wireless never turn outs good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

BT and Perlico are Vodafone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I've been looking at the Eircom 3mb for 30 a month,

Plus line rental, which you'll have to add for all DSL providers. You won't beat UPC's price easily, maybe with Breeze or Metro.

Advertisement