Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary degree or ..?

Options
  • 11-10-2009 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,
    I am interested to join UCD Sociology's Health and Illeness masters course. My graduation is in a science subject and I completed MA and Mphil in a sociology related subject. It's read from the UCD website that "Applicants should normally have a primary degree in sociology or a closely cognate discipline" to apply for this course. If I apply what would normally consider, my primary degree or my post-graduate degree? Any advice would be helpful.
    Akana

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Well, that line in the spec is about the minimum requirements for new applicants. Having a postgrad qualification in sociology means that you exceed those requirements. If you apply they'd look at everything you have, and judge your application on its merits. I don't know more you can find out here, and it would be better to talk to the department in question.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement