Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scarifing and Overseed ???

Options
  • 11-10-2009 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

The lawn has a pretty heavy moss infestation, although id love to just start from scratch its not possible at the moment due to health reasons.A couple weeks back i put down some Weed and Feed and now its time to start to rake it out. I went out this morning and gave a rake to a 1m sq area just to see what to expect and a huge amount of crap came out leaving the section fairly bare.The plan is to hire a scarifying machine and a relative of mine is going to do it for me this week but im wondering am i leaving this all too late?.If its scarified it will look very bare i know this is only short term but is it too late in the year to over seed?Plan is to scarify,aerate and overseed do you think the lawn has time to recover before winter or should i just leave it until spring?
    Cheers

Advertisement