Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

google earth street view

• 11-10-2009 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

any news of when google earth street view will be released for dublin,just wondering as i saw the red astra on mobhi road on friday with cameras all wrapped in black plastic [i know it was wet]they were around the city last May last time i saw it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭JoeFitz89

does anyone know when streetview for ireland will be available?
    The exact same car was down around my part of the country aswell recently.

Edit:Just came across an article dated may it mentioned that the gathering of data to final streetview will take anytime between 3-4 months to a year.
    http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/article/12505//google-street-view-coming-to-ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

just saw the google streetview astra driving down the m1 from newry as far as the ardee exit,will they be including motorways in streetview?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭valen

They'll include all roads, where possible; a friend lived in a place 300km north west of Alice Springs - they did all 300km of road there, and there is *nothing* to look at.

*As for when the Irish will ship...when it's done. Google haven't indicated how much they've done yet. But they do a lot of post-processing on the imagery, so it's not a case of shipping a VHS tape to the datacenter :)

John

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I saw the Red Astra in Dundalk (filling up on petrol!) on Monday evening. It wasn't marked as Google Earth/Maps, but it had a huge aerial and it was a red Astra.

I remember seeing the astra with the big camera on top with no google markings in castlebar back in august...

• Advertisement
Advertisement