Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warlock Tier sets

Options
  • 11-10-2009 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me, or are the Tier 9.5 set lower stats then the Tier 8.5

Was checking this morning and things like crit rating and spellpower are lower then my 8.5 set.

I'm not sure what to do in relation to upgrading, just save enough badges for 9.5?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Get the T9.25 (the one with badges and tokens) its a good bit better than the T8.5 set. It has haste and spirit on some parts which is better than crit and all the other stats are higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

haste is better then sp

but ye every tier has bits that are not as good as other bits you could of picked up.

Haste is only better than sp if you got sh1t gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Kakistos153

Correction, haste is never better than sp. its simple priority and it hasn't changed since the beginning of tbc. hit(till cap) > sp > haste > crit

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

whoops, ive always prioritised crit over haste, i should probably look at changing that.

I have one piece of what i think its T9.5 ( not the heroic 25) and id say a week or two ill have enough badges to pick it up, now if only raid leaders would stop raid assigning trophies, and let us who need them, roll on them : /

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Kakistos153

TheDoc wrote: »
    whoops, ive always prioritised crit over haste, i should probably look at changing that.

I have one piece of what i think its T9.5 ( not the heroic 25) and id say a week or two ill have enough badges to pick it up, now if only raid leaders would stop raid assigning trophies, and let us who need them, roll on them : /

We dkp them out like any other item. but our dkp system is quite good. goes according to rank (officers = veteran raider btw)

bidding in multiples of 5
    Friends cap at 5 (unless an initate or higher bids)
    initiates cap at 30 (when bidding against raiders)
    raiders cap at 60 (when bidding against veteran raiders)
    veteran raider and higher have no cap.

rank is based on activity and raid performance. meaning that if someone really wants something and they are active (ie, worth giving the item) they can spend their dkp to get it. no loot priority, (although we are kinda considering putting an emergency tank priority for a while cos we got some newer undergeared tanks and we're not makin thorim hardmode with what we got)

Wow that was offtopic i just hate abusive officers with loot systems based around whats best for THEM i been an officer in guilds running high end game for about 2 years now. i prefer the loot council system but its just too slow and pointless for current content really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

If your a destruction lock make sure you get 2 part tier 9 anyway. The bonus is insane worth like 235 dps alone. You can then keep your 2 part tier 8.5 until you have enough badges for the last 2 parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

We dkp them out like any other item. but our dkp system is quite good. goes according to rank (officers = veteran raider btw)

bidding in multiples of 5
    Friends cap at 5 (unless an initate or higher bids)
    initiates cap at 30 (when bidding against raiders)
    raiders cap at 60 (when bidding against veteran raiders)
    veteran raider and higher have no cap.

rank is based on activity and raid performance. meaning that if someone really wants something and they are active (ie, worth giving the item) they can spend their dkp to get it. no loot priority, (although we are kinda considering putting an emergency tank priority for a while cos we got some newer undergeared tanks and we're not makin thorim hardmode with what we got)

Wow that was offtopic i just hate abusive officers with loot systems based around whats best for THEM i been an officer in guilds running high end game for about 2 years now. i prefer the loot council system but its just too slow and pointless for current content really.

Look at trio, he is a whore when it comes to loot. The only reason he rolled warrior and tank is to get prio on what ever loot drops, including trophies. Our guild is no better...

Loot council is good for the guild, not the player. DKP is good for the player, and not the guild.

No matter who tells you what, they are talking through their asses, or might as well be. Every single player in the game, in every single class will be differant when it comes to what stats they need. What gear you have does count. Say you have massive SP and haste, but low crit. Haste isn't a prio for you no more. Crit is.

I was told once to socket armor penetration gems, I asked why, this guy told me it was the best for my class... I told him I need to lose arm penetration as I had about 120%, in my spec and with my trinket. I had to lose as much as possible.

You gotta assess your own character, find out what the basic important stats are, hit > sp > crit etc etc, find out what the cap is or when diminishing returns kicks in and go from there.

I'm hit capped at the moment, and just seem to have more crit then haste.

And when its a choice between the two I've always gone for the crit. Being that I have a proc on the destruction rotation that allows me to speed casting up anyway, it seemed haste would be beneficial for about 2-3 incinerate fillers in my rotations, where crit would be beneficial 100% to everything.

I've got a good warlock whose taking me under his wing so he usually helps me along, and he puts out normally 7k+ dps so if I can get anywhere near him I'd be thrilled :)

Word on the grapevine is to hold off buying tier 9 sets, since new patch brings new batches and a new set and at that point is supposidly piss easy to get my tier then.

I wish theyd strop with all the ****ing new tiers so i can get a chance to get it like, the Tier 9 is out what like what not even 5 months?

And im having a nightmare getting trophies, just dont see it happening anytime soon, ive nearly enough badges to buy the whole bloody set and ive to cross fingers that i can get a trophy, which never ****ing happens.

• Advertisement

Trophies are goin for offspecs in my guild but we are clearing every boss in normal and heroic every week. If you have enough people do what we do and have 2 x 25 man raids so you get double the badges each week even if your using alts its still easy.

Tier 10 wont be out until coming up to christmas or maybe later so if your waiting for that your gona wait a long time.

Make sure you do VoA every week and try grab the gloves and legs outta there.

ye i do voa weekly have gloves so far. Guild can only ten man and ten hc so im having to pug 25..pain

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

I'm not sure if you've tried this.

But your old gear could have had certain gems & enchants, if you get the same ones on the new tier gear is it still lower?

You could even try different gems / enchants to see if you can change your current stats a little.

Well a few upgrades over the last while.

You can check my armoury, Furyio on Outland.

Got the head piece from ony and have two tier set bonus T9 with shoulders and gloves.

Dps has shot up, the Tier9 set 2 bonus looks menial, but seriously bumps my DPS. :)

I'm a very happy bunny.

Now just to try get that hodir shoulder enchant, pain in me tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

Go warlocks! Destruction all the way.
    I don't really like raiding at all. I think destro locks are brilliant in pvp! Whenever I see one on my healer, I run D: They're scary!

Thanks for the fantastic input, of an old thread, related to warlock gear,

Marvellous

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Thanks for the fantastic input, of an old thread, related to warlock gear,

Marvellous

:)

shush you . its not that old. and according to http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t38033-mage_equivalent_destruction_warlock/ haste is the highest dps giver with a 0/13/58 spec

with haste giving 1.56 dps and sp giving 1.54 and crit giving 1.04.

It all depends on how you've itemized your own gear. If you have a lot of one stat it will go down in usefulness, for example the more haste you stack the less of an increase it gives you. SP is usually fairly constant though and is the reason people aim for SP before other stats.

Advertisement