Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sims 3 expansion pack - World Adventures

Options
  • 11-10-2009 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

The first expansion pack for Sims 3 will be released in November.
    Here's the game info from EA
    The Adventure is Near… Take your Sims on the adventure of their lives with The Sims 3 World Adventures. Explore Egypt, China, and France thwarting danger and finding glory on your Sims search for treasure and rewards.

Pretty similar to Bon Voyage for Sims 2.

Happy to hear about this as the game is really lacking. I had all the expansions for Sims 2 and to go back to such a basic game with Sims 3 (visually fantastic...but basic) was a bit crap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Chinafoot wrote: »
    The first expansion pack for Sims 3 will be released in November.
    Here's the game info from EA

Pretty similar to Bon Voyage for Sims 2.

Happy to hear about this as the game is really lacking. I had all the expansions for Sims 2 and to go back to such a basic game with Sims 3 (visually fantastic...but basic) was a bit crap.

I can't wait for the new pack but I'd love to see pets and animals come back into the game.

My generic All-American perfect family need a golden lab or something :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Alicat wrote: »
    I can't wait for the new pack but I'd love to see pets and animals come back into the game.

My generic All-American perfect family need a golden lab or something :P

if its anything like the sims vacation expansion, I wont be getting it.

Hearing bad things about W.A....people havin' lots of problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

What kind of problems?

I remember that I enjoyed Bon Voyage, but it got to the point that it would take so long to get my family on their vacation and then get them back home, it was more annoying than anything else. Same with going downtown for clothes and what not.

My families prefer stay-cations, dangit. :p

Yeah I remember that too! Hopefully with the the Sims 3 it'll have sped up.

Well from the ea forums people are reporting loads of bugs. Sims disappearing, entire towns being emptied, lots vanishing, not being able to save the game.

But apparently a lot of the people having problems have a lot of CC, not just from the store or the Sims Resource. People with very little CC seem to be doing ok, with a few minor problems. Also, they're supposedly working on a patch already.

I'm keeping an eye on the EA forums, if things look to be fixed over the next week I'll probably get it, but I'm biding my time for the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

Alicat wrote: »
    Yeah I remember that too! Hopefully with the the Sims 3 it'll have sped up.

Well from the ea forums people are reporting loads of bugs. Sims disappearing, entire towns being emptied, lots vanishing, not being able to save the game.

But apparently a lot of the people having problems have a lot of CC, not just from the store or the Sims Resource. People with very little CC seem to be doing ok, with a few minor problems. Also, they're supposedly working on a patch already.

I'm keeping an eye on the EA forums, if things look to be fixed over the next week I'll probably get it, but I'm biding my time for the moment!

Sheesh . . . although some of that might be a little interesting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Anyone invest yet? What's the first impressions? Probably won't pick it up for a while, if at all...Too time poor! Mark has gone sorely neglected for quite a while at this stage!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

I got it yesterday and i stayed up all night playing it!! Don't have a lot of cc (mostly just hair) so i haven't seen a lot of glitches the only one that cars tend to dissapear so you just see people sitting down flying along the road :D. Have only been to France so far as I gather thats the easist to clear and I really like it. The new traits aren't great though and very little choice in hair etc

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

worth the buy??

I really like it and think it's worth it cos the base game is getting boring.....I don't know though how good it'd be after you've done all the quests

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Crackerspray

I got it there today and my favourite sim is trapped in a trance sitting down and I cant delete the command :-( Poor Con!!

ON the other hand I took a quick look around the destinations and the graphics are something else! There's a palace overlooking the Egyptian destination and when you look out at the view you can see the heat rising, they really thought of loads of little things like that. You get the usual allotment of objects, 60-70 or there abouts, but not the best selection!

Im sure Ill enjoy it properly once I get my main Sim up and running again but for now, thats a major let down for me.

cool. may buy it so.

(DAMN :()

have to say i'm addicted to it!! the puzzles are really good and the scenery is lovely....definitley worth buying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Anyone else disgusted? What a waaaaaaaaaste of money.

Such a disappointing game...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Threads compiled...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think it's a great expansion pack. I'm happy that instead of adding a few new items and some basic locations or a couple of features, that they changed the way the mechanic of the game worked and have you trying to solve puzzles and the like. Granted, there's nothing too taxing, but it's a big improvement over what they used to sell as expansion packs.

dunno whether to get it or not... theres a lot of divided opinion. does it actually make playing the game with career and house in mind, any better?

To be honest, I haven't played it enough to know all the details about it yet. If nothing else, it gives you something new to do. The new areas are almost like mini-games where you solve puzzles and find treasures. There's also lots of new skills, perks, lifetime achievements, and items to find.

It doesn't really do anything for your career, I think.

I guess like most of the Sims expansions, you can live with out it. But if you've got the cash to spare, and want to see some new elements in you Sims world, then it's a good buy.

The only real criticisms are that some people are having technical issues with it. For me it causes a little slowdown at times and a bit of texture pop-up. Also, I don't think you really get to spend enough time in the new locations. Completing some tasks gives you Visa points that allow you to stay longer, but would kind of like if you could live in one of the new areas.

I'm pretty sure someone has got me this for Christmas so I shall let you know what I think

right, so i bought it today :rolleyes:

will give it a whirl 2moro. expect to see me back in a week or two once i feed my sims addiction

• Advertisement

ok its not working :mad: my pc keeps crashing when i try to launch it. any other game works fine though....

anyone else having the same problem??

I had no problems at all.

Game is fun, I've played France and Egypt so far. Egypt is much better and it takes a lot of work! It's a bit annoying have to get to level 3 visa to purchase a property though :(

yeah got it working now. just played in china so far. i dont like the visa crap... but other than that its quite good

Well I suppose the Visa gives it a bit more longevity instead of letting you plonk yourself in Egypt and go through everything in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

I got it digitally today, it's taking 3 hours to download:mad: It better be worth it.

Advertisement