Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Sales - Poor service

Options
  • 11-10-2009 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Dell Laptop and Desktop. Parents asked me to ge them a cheap desktop. Contacted Dell via online chat and this is what happened. A bit stunned to be honest.

13:24:15 William Initial Question/Comment: Need a cheap desktop with 2GB Ram, wireless. no webcam.
    13:24:41 System You are now being connected to an agent. Thank you for using Dell Chat
    13:24:41 System Connected with Subia_Mazeen
    13:24:46 Subia_Mazeen Thank you for contacting Dell Sales Chat - Home & Finance. This is Subia, your Sales Advisor. In order to serve you better, may I have your telephone number & email address, just in case of disconnection I can either call you or email you back.
    13:24:51 Subia_Mazeen Hello William
    13:28:06 Subia_Mazeen I suggest you the Inspiron 545 desktop at £299
    13:28:20 William Do you have a link?
    13:28:36 William Also, I'm based in Ireland, so Euro.
    13:30:41 Subia_Mazeen OK.
    13:30:46 Subia_Mazeen Please give me a moment while I check this.
    13:31:11 Subia_Mazeen Please click the link for details on it.
    13:31:26 Subia_Mazeen http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?b=&c=ie&cs=iedhs1&kc=DRS54501&l=en&m_30=111787&oc=D004501&rbc=D004501&s=dhs
    13:32:38 William Tx
    13:33:02 Subia_Mazeen You are welcome.
    13:33:02 Subia_Mazeen May I know, when are you planning to place the order?
    13:33:17 William this week
    13:33:27 Subia_Mazeen In order to go wireless, you have to include the wireless card, when you customise the machine online.
    13:33:55 William what does display not included mean?
    13:34:18 Subia_Mazeen This means, there's no monitor included.
    13:34:40 William So how does one work with this then?
    13:35:23 Subia_Mazeen You need to include one, when you customise your purchase online.
    13:35:45 William €349 is not the price then??
    13:36:38 System Subia_Mazeen has left this session!
    13:36:38 System The session has ended!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Poor form that he left.
    But the connection could have been lost or he got called away, who can say.
    Don't read too much into it.

Yes, buying off Dell you need to select a monitor.
    You asked for a link to a desktop and got one.
    A monitor is always extra, it's been like that anytime I've dealt with Dell.

You're not going to get a new desktop and monitor for 349 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I don't blame the rep for leaving,You didn't specify you wanted a monitor so then you began to ask pointless questions,I'm sure if dell sold machines which had monitors and higher prices people would complain that they only wanted a tower etc..
    13:33:55 William what does display not included mean?*Quite obvious tbh
    13:34:18 Subia_Mazeen This means, there's no monitor included.
    13:34:40 William So how does one work with this then?*This was probably what annoyed the rep,You ask this question yet you know the answer..
    13:35:23 Subia_Mazeen You need to include one, when you customise your purchase online.
    13:35:45 William €349 is not the price then??

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

As far as I'm concerned they lost a sale. I'm annoyed with them for trying to sell me half a system. Was making a point to them about the monitor. It is obvious of course...but also essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

william wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned they lost a sale. I'm annoyed with them for trying to sell me half a system. Was making a point to them about the monitor. It is obvious of course...but also essential.

I think you're over reacting tbh, no Dell pcs are sold with monitors included, especially at that price point. It seems to me the rep answered all your questions correctly and clearly, and it was only when you started to get cheeky the rep left the conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

those online chat things are really annoying all right. I think those agents are usually doing about 5 conversations at once.

Recently spent about 2 hours with one for a problem with a laptop (windows stopped recognising the audio device). I was initially just asking for them to send out the OS disk (had been lost), but he said they could arrange to bring it in and do it themselves. However, towards the end of the convo he backtracked and said it was a software problem. Well it was to be fair (the audio services had been borked by a failed 3G model for some reason), but that didn't stop us from losing the head with him for wasting our time!

Really irritating though, you'd be waiting 10-15mins for a reply! A few of my friends though used them before and had some good experiences to report so it seems to be just hit or miss depending on who you get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

william wrote: »

A lot of people buy pc's separate from their towers. There was no intent on their part to confuse you. That's why it tells you "No monitor included".

I you decide not to buy from dell because of this, well sure it's their loss! But it is also yours too!!!
    Dell offer great value at the bottom price range, although i'm not exactly sure how cheap their monitors are...?

You should get a Dell, you'll struggle to find anything of similar value

Advertisement