Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Repair

• 11-10-2009 1:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if anyone is doing TV repair in or around Waterford anymore, a friend of mine wants to see if he can get his telly repaired before having to shell out what little money he has for a new one?

thanks,
    daywalker

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

There was a chap on the mayors walk doin it. He had a shop next to the barber shop... just down from the tap room bar..I dunno is he still there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

I think there might be someone in Johnstown, possibly in the small industrial estate who does electrical repairs.
    I would advise your friend if he does leave in the TV for repair anywhere, to just pay for it to be examined first. If they find the fault, get them to give a price before going ahead with any repair, especially if it involves getting a new part. It may be cheaper to just buy a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Might be worth a trip to the recyling centre. I know of someone who got a working TV (CRT) from there as the guys said that most are working, just the owners upgraded them to flatscreens.. best bit is ...it's free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 fitzeyboy

R+M are worth a shot if there still open. R & M Electronics Unit 32 Johnstown Indstl Est Tel: 051 876705‎. or try Network Spares and repairs out the back of Kelly and Dollard. sorry no number for them but just ring directory enquiries for K+Ds number and ask for Caroline when you get through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

R&M closed down some time last year i think, check in any of the shops like the sony centre on the tramore road or sherwoods or kelly and dollard. Ask them for the number for Ollie, he's still doing repairs and used to work in R&M. He goes to those shops and repairs tv and things there. make sure its worth repairing first and then he should be able to sort you out. if you dont get anyway pm me and i should be able to locate his number for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 fitzeyboy

thanks for that MacGyver. Shame to hear R&M are closed as they were top class at what they did. Remember dropping tvs out to them from K&Ds years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Toner electronics up by the Hypercentre used always be very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

Thanks for all the replies, friend got a name and number from kelly & dollard so he's getting the guy to call out and do an estimate to see whether its worth it.

Advertisement