Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help! Want to register a repaired Honda civic.

Options
  • 11-10-2009 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi folks:

I recently bought a damaged repairable car from Northen Ireland. it is honda civic 1.6. I brought it to Ireland, and professionally repaired. but the car had no any document supplied when i bought it, and it was recorded as stolen and recovered.

so I am wondering whether any problem to register this car in Ireland? is there other relative document need to produce when I register it?

anyone had same experiences? please advise.

cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭cascade35

Big problem if you dont have the paperwork for the car, imposible really, as you will need the cars registration paperwork to pay vrt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Try getting in touch with the DVLA
    I had to deal with them on a different matter to yours - took about 2 months to get the paperwork off them for the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 seamsie

thanks guys. it really going to be a big problems. what if I drive the car with northen plate on it? is that will be a problem then?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

It can be if you're caught by the revenue, they'll end up taking it off you and fining you - you're supposed to clear it 24 hours after importing it. The gardai are also leaning heavily on northern/english regged cars - tax, insurance and nct discs should be displayed and if not, you're gonna get in trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 seamsie

thanks captain. will contact DVLA soon. hope I could get reg from them.

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

seamsie wrote: »
    thanks captain. will contact DVLA soon. hope I could get reg from them.

cheers

Be aware as well at the Registration Tax will be on the open market selling value of the vehicle .... i.e. the VRT might be more that what you paid for the car !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

craichoe wrote: »
    Be aware as well at the Registration Tax will be on the open market selling value of the vehicle .... i.e. the VRT might be more that what you paid for the car !

I was just about to say similar. You should have dragged the heap down to the VRT office before you did a thing to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

milltown wrote: »
    I was just about to say similar. You should have dragged the heap down to the VRT office before you did a thing to it!

...makes no difference - VRT will based on the repaired OMSP - whether you pay before/after you repair it, you'll be paying the bigger number.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...makes no difference - VRT will based on the repaired OMSP - whether you pay before/after you repair it, you'll be paying the bigger number.

Really!!?? :eek:

The dastards!

Advertisement