Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus Ntl/UPC broadband quality

• 11-10-2009 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, just thought I'd make this thread as alot of people have been giving off about chorus ntl capping speeds at peak times using http://speedtest.net as their proof, which made me feel a bit dodge switching to it.

So I've had it for a week, and speedtest has given pretty much the same results for my 10 meg broadband.

589025722.png

However if I download any files with the server giving a high upspeed, such as downloading ubuntu, downloading from steam and downloading from pretty much any other quality site, I always get over 1000 kb/s regardless of the time. Now maybe I'm just lucky, but even still, don't trust speedtest to test your speed.. Hopefully this has cleared some things up for people thinking of switching. The pirate bay isn't blocked either...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Like this thread hasn't been posted a million times already

We should have our own UPC sub-forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

spq wrote: »
    Hi, just thought I'd make this thread as alot of people have been giving off about chorus ntl capping speeds at peak times using http://speedtest.net as their proof, which made me feel a bit dodge switching to it.

So I've had it for a week, and speedtest has given pretty much the same results for my 10 meg broadband.

589025722.png

However if I download any files with the server giving a high upspeed, such as downloading ubuntu, downloading from steam and downloading from pretty much any other quality site, I always get over 1000 kb/s regardless of the time. Now maybe I'm just lucky, but even still, don't trust speedtest to test your speed.. Hopefully this has cleared some things up for people thinking of switching. The pirate bay isn't blocked either...

718556.png

589041480.png

This is right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭ajc100

Glasnevin, now :

589108415.png

Have UPC for 3 months and its always that or higher, no complaints from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Some of the speed test servers are very poor. If you get low speeds with one try another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭GigaByte

589199916.png

That will do me for now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

I was having problems with my connection dropping in the past few weeks, this week it seems perfect no drops at all where as it was dropping once or twice a day.

733984.png

589200025.png

Downloading off heanet i got 1.9mbps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

Use www.speedtest.magnet.ie

It's basially www.speedtest.net but tweaked for Ireland.

Advertisement