Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Hotspot Under XP / Linux

Options
  • 11-10-2009 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

A few years back I read a rake of books about Hotspots etc but never used the knowledge and it slowly faded away. Anyways! I've been approached about doing the following:

A full computer under XP or Linux with two LAN cards. One LAN card to the Internet the other to a big network with Wifi AP's.

Now, what I want to do is bridge the LAN cards and create a Captive Portal. With that portal I want to run a small site e.g. Intro, Whats On etc but also a payment service for the wifi. So a user cannot go beyond the captive portal without paying e.g. €2 for an hour.

I don't want to use any commercial service (Sputnik etc) I presume the portal site would be easily run by Apache and maybe an SQL DB. But the payment system / captive bit is another kettle of fish. M0n0wall suits me to the ground however, it sadly won't do payment services.

Any ideas?

ironclaw

Comments

Advertisement