Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witch camo works

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Gatling wrote: »
    its funny before i got my marpat i highly recommended them ,great selection of gear ,vests and camo ,
    still recommend flecktarn just not the marpa

Exactly the same experience here; Bulle MARPAT faded like crazy in its first wash, but everything else I have by Bulle is deadly (which is pouches and such).

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

wouldnt mind they have 2 price ranges for marpat one a few quid cheaper ,its the more expensive one that had the problems

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

I LIKE that the bulle marpat fades... really improves its efficiency thanks to not being too sharp.

For that situation... i'd have to say multicam is a good call... Though if you're aiming for concealment, camo the rifle and other kit to match the environment, whatever that be...

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

What is the best all round camo not great in any one environment.Irish or English environment that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Don't ask that question!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Oh Jesus not this again...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

.22 Lover wrote: »
    What is the best all round camo not great in any one environment.Irish or English environment that is.

flecktarn!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Denim..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

lol

a clown suit! in airsoft you are looking out for guys in camo,,,,,,, they never suspect the guy dressed as a clown!

• Advertisement

I hope the OP wasn't looking for a serious answer, cos with you guys that's not happening :P

Leftyflip wrote: »
    I hope the OP wasn't looking for a serious answer, cos with you guys that's not happening :P

i said flecktarn first! its only been used in some shape or form by many countries since the 1940's,,,,,,,,, if it didnt work it would not have been used by so many for so long!

thermo wrote: »
    i said flecktarn first! its only been used in some shape or form by many countries since the 1940's,,,,,,,,, if it didnt work it would not have been used by so many for so long!

I know, I'm just waiting for the "multicam am bestest" crap to start.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    I know, I'm just waiting for the "multicam am bestest" crap to start.

lol! well we will see if puke stain oops multicam will be used in 70 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Quick lock it! Lock the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

Now children calm down you don't have to all get excited when a camo question is asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Would have to go with flectarn as well, best general all round camp I've used, I would stay clear of the used stuff has a habit of developing a pink ting over time

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭FunkBlaster87

Apologies for the thread hi-jack but... Been toying around with the idea of putting a russian load together for a while and was wondering what do you reckon would be the best Russian Camo for the Irish climate. Obviously it varies site by site but in general what would you recommend? Was looking at flora but would appreciate soom input.

Cheers

P.S. yes I have seen those pictures of those russians wearing multi cam and no :p

I'd say VSR or autumn...

Apologies for the thread hi-jack but... Been toying around with the idea of putting a russian load together for a while and was wondering what do you reckon would be the best Russian Camo for the Irish climate. Obviously it varies site by site but in general what would you recommend? Was looking at flora but would appreciate soom input.

Cheers

P.S. yes I have seen those pictures of those russians wearing multi cam and no :p

flora is a good all round camo, think of it as the Russian dpm worls well and you can pick up a new set for about 40usd
    DSC_41770001-3.jpg

I rather like the partizan summer and autumn , based of the German designs from the 40s, the gorka suits are great for are weather and hard wearing, the partizan over suit is a nice light weight outfit which has a brightish side for spring summer and a reversible subdued side for winter.

DSC_3596-1.jpg
    left to right

plan gorka-a , gorka-d ss autumn, gorka-d ss summer, partizan suit

DSCN0402.jpg

as firekitten said vsr is on the left

or you could go for the omon experimental riot uniform.......it work honest :)

R-1_010.jpg

• Advertisement

Flora can't be the Russian DPM pud :) that would be Smog :P *runs*

OR... (yes, Im going to go there) You could be literal... witch camo.... black... its the new dpm.... and a pointy hat... cat and all....

Cast an invisibility spell and watch them all run in fear of the magical apearing bb stream!

Firekitten wrote: »
    Flora can't be the Russian DPM pud :) that would be Smog :P *runs*

lol run my dear run ;)

anyway your right or course in terms of pattern smog is the Russian dpm :) i was kinda aiming at another meaning but unfortunately not clear, i refereed to it as there dpm as it is meant to be Russian army general issue since the early 90
    s ? you still see it in wide spread use in training and parades especially with vdv but for combat with the habit of Russian forces to buy there own gear this rather gets diluted with gorka partizan klmk suits dug up from stores stuff like that, just search for pictures of the Georgian conflict to see the pick and mix approach to camo even within units

smog does seem to be wide spread with internal forces like the mvd, but then they an even wider remit for buying there ow equipment from camo to optics, thats before you even get into the subject of company's 'sponsoring' top units :rolleyes:

vdv georgia flora
    rus_georgia_002.jpg

training
    rip32.jpg

mvd
    img3642yi9.jpg
    IMG_2668.jpg

On I got your meaning Pud, I was just being funny with the meanings....

Mainly the mvd's lack of uniformality is due to the lack of funding. They get thier hands on what they can, and use it. You'll see everything from RD54s to Smersh gear in use today KLMK to vsr.

However flora is indeed most prominent today, vsr is coming up fast, as is the new digital i forget the name of.

In terms of irish conditions... id have to say flora is a tad too light... FlectarD or partizan autumn perhaps are more blendyiny between now and atleast april.

Though nothing beats KLMK in the summer :D

Chechnya.jpg

Mainly the mvd's lack of uniformality is due to the lack of funding
    true and driven by the inadequacy of issue equipment, and there large freedom to purchase private gear,
    vsr is coming up fast

you are aware that vsr's issue pre dated that of flora? although you do still see a far bit about, especially issue body armour

the pictures i selected where done to highlight the diversity but there has been a magor c change in the russian forces with a large amount of uniformity being brought in, with the increase in spending again, this contrast between the rag tag and uniformity was highlighted greatly in the Georgian conflict

CIMG2489.jpg
    rus_training_008.jpg
    rus_training_053.jpg
    vdv_training10.jpg
    rus_georgia_004.jpg
    vdv_training15.jpg

but agree klmk is rather nice, works partially well in summer with a lot of light and shadows, again a 1980 piece of kit going strong :)

yep... mines 82 stamped :P Yes vsr is older, but its gained popularity and use in a lot of eastern russia atm.

hmm what do ya reckon of a KZS suit. Rather skint so nothing too fancy unfortunatly.

Its pretty much the same as KLMK bar the colouring... KZS is more yellow and green than the white and green of KLMK. I prefer klmk, but both work. the kzs may be better in autumn, though it is very thin.

Cool, cheers firekitten. Some on ebay so I'll try and get one for cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Puding wrote: »

training
    rip32.jpg

Lol, everyone else gets a gun, the bloke on the right gets a shovel :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Never heard of the spetznaz SSU? The special shovel unit... they are total ninjas with a space... masters of the flying backflip shovel attack and expert when it comes to planting dafodills... Quite a band of mean dudes...:rolleyes:

Advertisement