Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brian Hayes as Minister for Education?

• 11-10-2009 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭

Just listening to this guy on This Week on RTÉ Radio 1 today.

I have to say I am wholly unimpressed with the man. He is far too smug south Dublin for my liking, waaay too parochial. I get the distinct impression that he, not to put too fine a point on it, thinks he is so much more advanced and enlightened in contrast to "culchies". That's perhaps an odd thing to say but I see little depth or awareness in his utterances of an Ireland beyond south Dublin.

I just don't sense any empathy or cultural appreciation of an Irish education system. Hanafin, for all her faults, does have that. This, taken with Fine Gael's views on abolishing compulsory Irish (but keeping compulsory Maths and English), give me a strong impression that there is more cultural prejudice than enlightened ideas inspiring his education policy.

Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing what people think of him, especially why anybody thinks he might become a good minister.

Do you think Brian Hayes would be a good minister for Education? 3 votes

I'm not impressed yet
    0% 0 votes
    I think he'll be a good minister
    0% 0 votes
    I think he'll be a bad minister
    33% 1 vote
    The jury's still out
    66% 2 votes

Advertisement