Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog food?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sassychick

Hi i have my boxer on rc boxer 26 she is not too fussed on it at all ...i dont know wot to do now ....she has bn on it about 8 weeks now and never ever finishes it ...im giving her the reccomended serving and maybe mix it with some salmon or veg to make it more interesting 4 her but she will generally eat around the rc and just hve a nibble here and der of the kibble....:rolleyes:Anyway i was talking to a lady at the weekend who has her dog on the dry complete food from lidl...her vet reccomended it apparently it is much he same as rc...i find this very hard to believe...does anybody have any ideas ??:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭wopper10

Hi I'm not framiliar with that lidl dog food but I cant imagine it been as good or even close to RC have a look at the ingredients anyway and protein content no harm having a look and seeing. But its very unusual for a vet to recommend a supermarket food cause there renowned for been next to awful.

I feed my dog Orijen dog food they seem to love it! And one of my dogs is a very very picky eater. it comes in 3 adult flavours as well so I alternate every time I get a bag so they don't get bored. The ingredients on it are super as well!:) Thats what I feed mine and would recommend to anyone....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

wopper10 wrote: »
    Hi I'm not framiliar with that lidl dog food but I cant imagine it been as good or even close to RC have a look at the ingredients anyway and protein content no harm having a look and seeing. But its very unusual for a vet to recommend a supermarket food cause there renowned for been next to awful.

I feed my dog Orijen dog food they seem to love it! And one of my dogs is a very very picky eater. it comes in 3 adult flavours as well so I alternate every time I get a bag so they don't get bored. The ingredients on it are super as well!:) Thats what I feed mine and would recommend to anyone....

The LIDL food is fine; they are a German firm and their animal health regulations are better than ours.

But we feed mostly raw and home cooked anyway.

We also use ASDA mixer.

I often think we pay for the name and the packaging rather than the quality.

Advertisement