Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PhD Funding for the UK

Options
  • 11-10-2009 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

As this is a question concerning a postgraduate course, I thought it took precedence over the location (i.e. I didn't it was worthwhile putting it in the Study Abroad forum).
    My situation is as follows: I've been talking to a lecturer in Scotland, I'm interested in her field of research. I've sent her on my transcripts etc... and it appears that I would be suitable to carry out a PhD. However, as part of this I need funding but I need to secure half of the funding (i.e. I pony up most of the funding and as it's a scientific field of research where there's equipment costs etc... she'll work out making up the difference). The thing is the only people that I know that will fund me to go abroad like this is the NUI Travelling Studentship. However, I don't want to limit myself to this in case I don't get it at all.

My question is:
    Is there any other source of funding in Ireland or the UK that may help me to do this research?

I have a BA from UCD and I'm currently doing an MSc in TCD, does TCD do a travelling studentship? Is there anyway the British Government or anyone could fund me? I would really appreciate any help that you can give me at this time.

Advertisement