Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tractorcade ????

• 11-10-2009 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

is any of ye guys going to protest in yer tractors tomoarrow ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

bk1991 wrote: »
    is any of ye guys going to protest in yer tractors tomoarrow ???

Mines got no brakes, and hasn't been taxed for 8 years or more ;)
    Think I stay at home.

R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭fastrac

Always thought they were for the people who wanted to move up the ranks in IFA. The guys on top have to be seen doing something and if your want to be in the club you have to go. Maybe it will be good with things so bad to let off steam and go back home to the same old story. Just leave the 08- 09 gear at home if your looking a bit of sympathy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

fastrac wrote: »
    Always thought they were for the people who wanted to move up the ranks in IFA. The guys on top have to be seen doing something and if your want to be in the club you have to go. Maybe it will be good with things so bad to let off steam and go back home to the same old story. Just leave the 08- 09 gear at home if your looking a bit of sympathy.

id agree with that farmers go protesting in 08-09 tractors and jeeps ...doesnt give a great start to anything ...the pricies are bad an all but shur we can afford new gear ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

I think a tractorcade is useless unless its a blockade

djmc wrote: »
    I think a tractorcade is useless unless its a blockade

well see on the news tomorrow nite .what happens

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

is it just in one location or in many locations tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

bk1991 wrote: »
    id agree with that farmers go protesting in 08-09 tractors and jeeps ...doesnt give a great start to anything ...the pricies are bad an all but shur we can afford new gear ???

when it comes to farmers and new tractors , vanity takes over , i think its a nonsense this stunt , its bringing farmers down to the level of the unions , the IFA put on theese shows every so often so as to be seen to be acting and so as to keep the coffers full, it will achieve nothing

irish_bob wrote: »
    when it comes to farmers and new tractors , vanity takes over , i think its a nonsense this stunt , its bringing farmers down to the level of the unions , the IFA put on theese shows every so often so as to be seen to be acting and so as to keep the coffers full, it will achieve nothing

true its on in different locations

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

anywhere in cork

anywhere in cork
    look up ifa .ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

towns aren't listed on the site, nor anywhere in the media that i can find;
    is tuam in co galway one of the locations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

It willl be a nuisance to people and do no favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

No matter how many old bangers of tractors show up, there will always be a few arriving in gleaming new tractors. These are the ones people will remember and the stories will start about farmers driving 60k tractors and claiming to be completely skint. All these tractorcades are going to do is piss off the general public even more with farmers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭powerfarmer

I remember the last time when there was a tractorcade to Dublin, local dealers were tripping over themselves to give out new tractors to participants that they knew. Most of the drivers from around here were IFA regional commitee members.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭F.D

Dublin not even on the list, its a complete waste of time in my opinion, thats the place you need to protest to be seen, another half arsed effort by the IFA. i think farmers need to stop paying the IFA for a while and maybe they will start doing something to earn it then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

i cant see that it will do any good, and why should anyone listen? alot of people have incomes 25% lower and more then a couple of years back, its a case of suck it up and cut back. If red tape is a problem then highlight those issues

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

well did any one part take . we couldnt go as our insurance was up on saturday and the disc didnt arrive in post until this evening:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭massey woman

Farmers need to picket the Greens HQ
    Farmers got it up the Arse from Trevor ,John & Co when the Greens failed to champion the green/environmental agenda in support of the REPS scheme in their 10 point plan for staying in Gov
    People need to get real and make these supposed representatives of ours aware of their failure to represent the real custodians of nature
    Maybe FF will also unfold a new plan that will include the farmers specifically
    I have also little confidence in the main farmers organisation and see the leaders pondering to the Govt in the hope of a slot at the top table upon their retirement rather than working to reduce the power of Tesco et al
    Good to hear Gerry Faughnan -president Carrick on Shannon chamber of commerce -articulate on Shannonside Radio his support for farmers and recognise the financial commercial and social contribution we make to the economies all over the country and reiterate the dire financial circumstances in which farmers are trading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Yes it was a waste of time. There were people on the radio complaining about the new tractors, if the farmers turned up with old clapped out tractors they would be complaining about taking vehicles that weren't road worthy out onto the road you can't win.

I heard a few years ago of a townie woman that was complaining about farmers she said that they can go into any Dairygold store and get every thing free all they have to do is sign a piece of paper:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭PaddyBloggit

Sam Kade wrote: »

I heard a few years ago of a townie woman that was complaining about farmers she said that they can go into any Dairygold store and get every thing free all they have to do is sign a piece of paper:rolleyes:

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Sam Kade wrote: »

I'm familiar with them! They're called cheques ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

johngalway wrote: »
    I'm familiar with them! They're called cheques ;)
    I would imagine it was credit invoices that she was referring to.

Advertisement