Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who wants to live forever.....

• 11-10-2009 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

What a title eh and what a guy, so for c&c, this is my first real go with the d300 and I am delighted with the iso capabilities. I think it is also a good example of what a good key light can do for a band too. So I pished iso as far as 1250 at some stages, staying mostly around 800 though, manual shooting and a few selective guy gowan processes to get the finish I wanted, I'd just like to know what you guys think, does the processing suit the images?

3998876083_a1eef93fd4.jpg

3999641374_0045442dd9.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

first one is great second thoug, is too dark, no eyes or mouth in the shot which doesn't work for me at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

As .org said , also the 2nd is basically from the same angle as ur 1st shot and the crop is too tight, missing his right elbow.
    1st def has nice colours.....the guy playing Brian May behind needs to lose a few pounds, Brian was skinnier than a catwalk model. :pac:

These would be great to watch for the craic though, they gonna be in town or North Dublin anytime soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Ah now thats not nice, they dont need to look like the original band just sound like them, that could be a hurtful comment....

Other than that I agree the black and white is high on contrast, I have it in colour also just wasnt sure hwich was my favourite.

Freddie was hilarious, both Freddie and Bono actually made a point to make a show of me, I never met them before that night and they highly embarrassed me, Freddie pausing a song to do multiple poses and Bono during this shot was moving closer to straddle me, I had been kneeling low in front of the stage, he didnt leave me with much time to pose, just to lean away as fast as I could.... Great craic.

These bands played along with 3 others including my husbands, a tribute night in aid of the children to lapland appeal, all bands can be found on www.tributebands.ie

4001500765_13c652923f_m.jpg

Ah now thats not nice, they dont need to look like the original band just sound like them, that could be a hurtful comment....

Suppose what I class as a tribute band is the full experience and yours would be good craic. :)
    I watched a Ramones tribute band and the vocalist had short hair....it was never going to work no matter how good they were.

maybe, my husband does bon jovi, doesnt look like him but they give an amazing show and a comment similar to that really hurt him before, a tribute band is about feeling the experience which is good music the way its supposed to be rather than watching a load of guys dressed up with wigs givingan ok musical performance, me I'd rather go with the ones who sound good than sit listenign to a lookalike that cant sing.

• Advertisement

As long as he gets the chicks that JBJ gets I'm sure he can handle it. :D

As long as he gets the chicks that JBJ gets I'm sure he can handle it. :D

lol, have you not met his wife?????:D

I speak to her regularly on an internet forum, she has a great SOH.

:p

I speak to her regularly on an internet forum, she has a great SOH.

:p

oh lol, sense of humor, I get it now, I'ma little dumb too;)

Advertisement