Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free JWB puppy food!!

Options
  • 11-10-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

James Wellbeloved wasn't the food for our puppy - sadly I bought a 15kg bag of the stuff off zooplus thinking he'd be grand on it!:rolleyes: I have about half the bag left if anyone wants to collect from Drumcodra/Glasnevin (or Clontarf/East Point 9:00-5:00) - no point in letting it go to waste.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

You can also bring it to the pound. They allways happy about free food!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Good idea - I'd drop it to your local shelter or pound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Nice of you to offer it to people, OP. Agree that a shelter would definitely appreciate it.

Just wanted to ask- why have you decided it's not for your pup? The reason I ask is that we switched our Cav to JWB from Eukanuba about 6 weeks ago and I'm still undecided.

Did the change-over slowly so no dodgy stomach or anything and, a day in, she was wolfing down the JWB and leaving the Eukanuba, she loves the stuff. Have always been careful with portion control and snacking for her and have definitely found she's put on weight. Can still feel her ribs but am conscious of her putting on much more to bring her to an unhealthy weight.

Find she's pooing three times as much as she did on the Eukanuba too and, for the first time ever, is pooing in the middle of the night and having to get up at 3 or 4am is a bit of a pain. We've cut her feeding times so she's not eating in the evening but even to finish her food by 1pm, she needs a poo 14 hours later. :rolleyes:
    As poos go, they're perfectly "nice"- not runny or anything.

Just wondering what experience you had?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

00112984 wrote: »
    Nice of you to offer it to people, OP. Agree that a shelter would definitely appreciate it.

Just wanted to ask- why have you decided it's not for your pup? The reason I ask is that we switched our Cav to JWB from Eukanuba about 6 weeks ago and I'm still undecided.

Did the change-over slowly so no dodgy stomach or anything and, a day in, she was wolfing down the JWB and leaving the Eukanuba, she loves the stuff. Have always been careful with portion control and snacking for her and have definitely found she's put on weight. Can still feel her ribs but am conscious of her putting on much more to bring her to an unhealthy weight.

Find she's pooing three times as much as she did on the Eukanuba too and, for the first time ever, is pooing in the middle of the night and having to get up at 3 or 4am is a bit of a pain. We've cut her feeding times so she's not eating in the evening but even to finish her food by 1pm, she needs a poo 14 hours later. :rolleyes:
    As poos go, they're perfectly "nice"- not runny or anything.

Just wondering what experience you had?

I have our 13 week old Rottie pup on JWB and she loves it. Pooping about 3-4 times a day, which I would say is about normal for a pup of this age. Her coat is absolutely glistening, also really soft to the touch. She wolfs down all her 3 meals without hesitation, although she does prefer the duck over the lamb!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

We weaned him on to it (from Pedigree that the breeder was using) and he was on it for a few weeks but his poos were runny and he was farting non stop lol also he was pooing at least 6 times a day. He's on Royal Canin Junior Max now - nice firm poos 3 times a day - winner! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

tk123 wrote: »
    he was farting non stop

Oh yes, we're having this issue too! Especially difficult with our dog who likes to sit on my shoulder. Bleurgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭daviddwyer

OP - a shelter or pound would love it. You'll feel great for giving it to them too.... so everyone wins

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

No reply from the person I PM'd on adverts and I have the car back so dropping it up to dogstrust today - can't believe I didn't think of them when I drove out to look at the new car and collect it twice last week - in ASHBOURNE!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Good call :) I'm sure they'll find it very helpful

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement