Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker in Cork

Options
  • 11-10-2009 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I was just looking for a bit of help regarding this.

I'm looking for a decent, cheap and reputable snooker hall/club in Cork. I may be asking for a lot but I only get to play the game at the weekend and would like to keep it up during the week when I'm not at college.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

(Mods, feel free to move if neccessary)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Not sure about clubs as such but the Mardyke on Sheares Street has a few snooker tables.

Whether their prices fit in with your definition of cheap is another thing. I have played there a couple of times & the tables seem in decent condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭vag77

Hey all,

I was just looking for a bit of help regarding this.

I'm looking for a decent, cheap and reputable snooker hall/club in Cork. I may be asking for a lot but I only get to play the game at the weekend and would like to keep it up during the week when I'm not at college.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

(Mods, feel free to move if neccessary)
    2 b honest cheap places i dont think there is 2 many i know the crucible is 11 euro an hour and the victoria snooker club isnt much cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

could have closed down ten years ago but ask around about donnybrook. Was cheapest when i was younger, much younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Donnybrook is still going, it's €8 an hour. Up the top of the old Enco building. It'd be there or the maradyke for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

mudokon wrote: »
    Not sure about clubs as such but the Mardyke on Sheares Street has a few snooker tables.

Whether their prices fit in with your definition of cheap is another thing. I have played there a couple of times & the tables seem in decent condition.

I'm beginning to realise they're all close enough to each other in prices.

I've heard about there, tables are fairly good I've been told. They look like a good option.
    vag77 wrote: »
    2 b honest cheap places i dont think there is 2 many i know the crucible is 11 euro an hour and the victoria snooker club isnt much cheaper
    DamienH wrote: »
    Donnybrook is still going, it's €8 an hour. Up the top of the old Enco building. It'd be there or the maradyke for me.

Thanks for your info guys.

Sorry, I'm clueless to most of Cork City, I just know bits and pieces, where abouts is this? I can't find anything on Google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Moro Man

The AOH ( a catholic free-mason type organisation ) have a private snooker club on Morrison's Island. The rates are very cheap but I have no idea how you would become a member.

It's right across from the petrol station at the bottom of Donnybrook hill.

Thanks DamienH but Donnybrook's quite a bit outside where I live.

Looks like the Mardyke is one of my stronger options.

All,

Tried out the Mardyke today. Very happy with it. Top notch tables and equipment. On Mondays and Tuesdays it's buy one hour get one hour free, so I'm happy with that. Will be going back again. :)

Thanks for your help people.

Get one of those "Whazon," books that are around the shops and bars of the city. They've got a voucher in them for buy one hr get one free whenever you want.

• Advertisement

DamienH wrote: »
    Get one of those "Whazon," books that are around the shops and bars of the city. They've got a voucher in them for buy one hr get one free whenever you want.

Thanks DamienH.

I actually got a couple of vouchers of a friend so they're gonna be helpful.

Advertisement