Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veterinary Medicine in DKIT

Options
  • 11-10-2009 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Ok, I need help. Anybody on this course, please reply :)

Im in 6th year, and this is my chosen course for 2010. Does anybody know the points range for this year? I understand that here has been a huge jump in the last 2 years. Also, is it a good course? Any additional information would be greatly apreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

have you checked out the course information on the dkit website?

it must be a relatively new course as I've never heard of anyone doing it so it may be hard to get peoples opinions.

Points will have jumped with the surge in people going back to college however I would suspect the numbers in veterinary medicine would not be affected as much so points may be similar as last year.

I would expect it to be a good course that will cover a broad range of veterinary and probably be tough but it will give you what you need in terms of knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

I thought the only college you could do veterinary medicine in Ireland was UCD?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I thought the only college you could do veterinary medicine in Ireland was UCD?:confused:

If theres a demand for it then any college of institute of technology will run a veterinary course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Madflah

I thought it was Veterinary Nursing, if its Vet Medicine fair play to DKIT for taking on the Big Universities cause they really dont like anyone else moving in on their guarded territory of Dentistry, Medicine or Veterinary med...UCD Trinity wannabes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

DkIT offers Veterinary Nursing (qualification as a veterinary nurse), all right. Only UCD offers Veterinary Medicine (qualification as a veterinary surgeon).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I am about 99% sure that only UCD is at this moment the only college in Ireland that is teaching Veterinary Medicine. I do know they teach Veterinary Nursing, but I dunno:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

draffodx wrote: »
    If theres a demand for it then any college of institute of technology will run a veterinary course

No chance in the world that dundalk are running veterinary medicine.Shur,the budapestians are comin over soon and they will fill that demand.I think there are an extra 30 graduate places on offer in ucd now though

Advertisement