Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick pullets

Options
  • 11-10-2009 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Wonder if anyone can offer some help please. Have some pullets that are very much off colour at the moment. All were vaccinated, wormed and done for lice before I got them. I noticed one cough a few times, then the others began to cough and walk about in a crouched position with their heads tight back into their bodies than than erect and alert looking. Now there are some making a snoring sound as if having problems breathing. They have no desire to walk about outside in the sun, neither have they any mind to eat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

They're clearly sick and so need a vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MirLou

Yes, I'm aware of that, but the two vets that have seen them have no idea what the cause is, so wondered if anyone on here might have a suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Very strange that neither vet knows what the problem is, are there any other vets that you can go to.

If they are having problems breathing its probably a respiratory infection or penumonia or something which would require antibiotics.

Perhaps also contact whomever you got the birds from and see if they can suggest anything. The birds sound very ill though so unless the vet has given them at the very least an antibiotic or started some treatment it doesnt sound good for them.

Keeping them warm is important have a heat lamp or bringing them indoors somewhere warm.

Advertisement